Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fishing, Hunting, Worrying

Welcome friends and family! Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have been busy this past week and weekend. This is the first day I have been able to just chill out and rest. but it has been an enjoyable week, and I can’t complain about that.

So what have I been up to since last week? Well last Wednesday, me and my family went on our annual Spot fishing trip. I love this yearly trip. Its a great opportunity to spend time with family, and to enjoy Gods wonderful creation, the ocean. This years trip was a great success. We caught 150 fish. That was just the amount that we needed to give our church a fish fry. Thank-you Lord for always meeting needs!

We all crashed when we got home Thursday nite. It was exhausting, but so much fun. Friday was spent cleaning the house before I went to work. I spent most of the nite there preparing for Saturday morning. It was the start of hunting season.

You see, the restaraunt I work at is pretty dead throughout the year, but come October, its rockin. We are located in a remote area that is surrounded by 3 or 4 hunting clubs, plus heavily wooded forests. So its prime hunting territory. I don’t mind the hunters so much. Most are kind and tip excellently. But there are those that need to watch their manners. Meaning. they need to stop hitting on the waitress. But thank the Lord, I haven’t had much of problem with that so far.

I was the only one waiting tables and running the register. So I made a great amount of tips. Although I thought I was gonna loose my mind for a while there. Especially when 8 tables decided to come in all at once. But with a lot of prayer and the Lords help, I was able to keep my calm. So it was not that bad a day after all.

Sunday was church day. I had a very encouraging Sunday school lesson. The topic was on trusting God and not worrying about anything. I have a severe problem with that. I worry about nearly evrything. From friends to work. But, I need to realize God is in control of everything and he will provide when He sees fit. He knows best what I need in my life right now.

Well, I think I’ll go enjoy the rest of the evening outdoors now. Its absolutle beautiful right now with the way the sun is setting on the autumn colors. I believe I will go take a long walk.

Until next time, may the Lord bless you and keep you.

Shycontrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)