Monday, December 15, 2008

In the Fullness of Time

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. It’s quite a warm day in my part of the world. It’s about 70. But that is normal for us. I sure pray it become cold before next week. I love it when it is cold the week of Christmas. But any weather is fine. The Lord always knows best in everything, even the weather.

I am so thankful that it is Monday. Most people dread them, but I enjoy them. It is my one day off from work. I work pretty much evryday now,except Mondays. I am thankful for more hours now. That means, that is if it’s the Lord’s will, I can start some schooling soon.

I graduated this past May, and I am still not quite sure what to do about furthering my education. I don’t think that it would be right for me to go to a university for four years and get a degree in something I’m not really enthused about. I would like to possibly go to a technical college or community college and get training in a particular job. But the thing is, I really don’t know what I want to do. I keep praying for the Lord to show me, but He hasn’t seen fit to show me what direction to go in yet.

I am really going through a time of testing right now. I keep praying for the Lord to show me the direction, but the only answer I seem to be getting is wait. It’s like the sermon the pastor preached at church yesterday. The main text came from Galatians 4:4- But when the fulness of time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

In this particular verse Paul is saying that the God appointed a specific time for Jesus to be sent to this earth to save our sins. He knew the exact time that would be perfect for the spreading of the gospel. And it was a perfect time in history!

In this point in history, the Romans were the ruling power of the entire known world. You’ve probably heard the saying that all roads lead to Rome. And this was true.That being true, the Romans had protection for anyone traveling on the roads. Also, most of the roads were connected, making it easier and safer for travel. This helped to ensure the spread of the gospel to the world.

So, the Lord appoints times for everything. From my life, to the birth of Christ. He knows best. I just have to wait, and not be so impatient. Which is very diffucult for me. In the meantime I need to continue serving Him by helping my family, and serving in the church.

Well, I have to go now. it’s time for lunch and mama is not going to wait. Later on today I’ll write about my weekend Christmas shopping and the church Christmas party.

I pray you have a great day in the Lord!

Shycountrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)