Monday, December 29, 2008

Resting and Praising

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. It sure has been a peacful one for me. A recovery day you may say. I absolutley love Christmas, but all the festivities can wear a person down.

My Christmas was an enjoyable one. It was spent with family at home. Anytime we are all able to be together is a blessing.

Christmas eve was spent cooking and cleaning. My mom made her famous peanut-butter and orange candies. They are sooo… delicious! There is no way you can eat just one. I certainly ate one too many. Thats what new years resolutions are for though.

About two that afternoon me and my sister loaded up, and headed to the local Chinese take-out restaruant to pick up our supper. Normally we get pizza, but this year we decided to do something different. I’m sure glad we did! I love chinese food.

After we ate supper we enjoyed the rest of our evening resting, and enjoying a favorite christmas movie, The Nativity. It was so nice to have the whole family together and enjoying time together.

Christmas morning dawned for us at about 8 o’clock.( I remember the times it used to start out at 6 am. Everyone’s older now, and wants their sleep) When everyone was finally awakened and breakfast ate. It was time for presents. My little brother, age nine, could wait no longer! I recieved a foot spa( which is going to be put to good use), a puzzle, some candycanes, and the boardgame Life.

I also bought a few things for my family as well. I gave my sister a fuzzy pink bathrobe, that she has yet to take off,some shoes and dishcloths for my mom, a game of dominoes for my brother, and a Ford hat for my dad. Everyone enjoyed their gifts, no matter what they recieced.

But the greatest gift I recieved could not be put underneath the tree. That was the time spent with my family. Eating Christmas dinner together, watching our favorite Christmas shows, and the conversations we made amongst ourselves. Those are priceless memories that I will always cherish, no matter where life may take me.

Lord, thank-you for giving me the family you did. We may get on each others nerves at time, but we love each other very much. I could not ask for anything more.

Thank-you also Lord for sending your son to die for our sins. He was and still is the true reason for the season. He has given us everything we will ever need.

I pray that you have a wonderful day in the Lord!

Shycountrygal

1 comment:

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)