Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Day Gone By

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. The weather here in my neck of the woods has been quite pleasant. The temperature today was in the high 60′s and it was partly cloudy. It almost made me think spring is here. It wil be here soon enough though.

This past week has been a bit chaotic for me at work. The former manager stepped down last week and a new one has taken over. The current one isn’t actually new though. She was the manager for the past two yeras of my working there. I enjoy working with the new manager though. She’s a sweet old lady that makes sure that everyone gets their work done and nothing is left over for the next shift.

But before the old manger stepped down, I gave her my two weeks notice of departure. I was going to leave because of the way she was handling the buisness. I was always the one stuck cleaning up everyone elses mess. But now that the new manager has taken the place back over, I don’t know that I want to leave.

I’ve actually enjoyed working there this past weekend. Everything was so calm and quiet! Everybody did as they were supposed to, and got along really well. So I’ve been praying, Lord, what would you have me to do.

My current boss really wants me to stay on, and I told her I would stay one more week till she found someone to replace me. But, if I go somewhere else, I know I will never have someone that is so flexible with my hours. I love the hours that I am working now! I work enough to pay my bills and still have enough time to spend with my family.

But I know I am going to need a better job in the future. But it goes back to the fact that I don’t really know what I want to do with my life. Or better yet, what God wants me to do.

I was looking in a local community college catalog today and noticed they are offering a class training you to be an optometric assitant. That sorta sounds appealing to me. I need to call down there tommorow and find out if there are any prerequisites for it. I still need to pray about it though.

Last night our preacher taught from the text of Titus 2. This is where Paul tells Titus to teach the older women how to teach the younger women. Such as being chaste, keepers at home, love their children, obedients to their own husbands. And that part confuses me a bit.

I know what the Bible says about women working outside the home. It pretty much says they are not supposed to. But what about today? I have to work in order to drive a car. My parents can’t afford my extra insurance each month. And I need my liscence in case of emergencies and such.

Also, what happens if something happens to my parents and I have to have a full-time job in order to take care of my living needs. Working at a restaruant that only pays 110 dollars a week, ain’t gonna get it. And I don’t see any marriage possiblities in the near future either.

I guess I just have to realize that God know my situation and He is going to provide what I need and when I need it. I need to start some sort of classes soon, because the longer I wait, the harder it is going to be to get back into schooling.

So Lord, help me to trust in you no matter what! You know my situation in life and you have put me here for a purpose. Show me that purpose.

I hope you have a great day in the Lord!

Shycountrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)