Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Excited! Thank-you LORD!

Hello friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. It has been a busy start of the week for me. I finally got to start my optometric assistant class last night. And so far I LOVE it!

Even though we only covered the basics of what we are going to learn last nite, I really think this is where I am supposed to be. I was so scared before I went into the class though. Take that back, I was TERRIFIED! I know I should not have been, but I was.

It was not starting the class that worried me, but going to a place where I’ve never been and don’t know anyone. Things like that bother me for some reason. I guess it that shyness in me creeping up. But after I said alot of prayers, I did calm down a bit. And it wasn’t that bad after all. Everyone was so kind and the instructor was really nice. I felt like I was supposed to be there. It was so exciting! I can’t wait to go back this week.

But I did want to share with you the job duties of an optometric assistant in case you are wondering.

Test patients vision. Assist in frame selection. Instruct patients in contact lens handling. Inform patients of what is involved in exam and treatment procedures. Lab work. Keeping inventories. Maintaining equipment. Serving as receptionist. Insurance filing. - The specific duties of optometric assistants are determined by the employing optometrist.

When I finish the course, I will be given a certificate that I will present to a future employer to say I have some experience in this field. After I am employed for one year I will take a state exam in order to become certified. From their I can work up to become an optometric technician, who completes more complex aspects of the job.

I can not wait until I finish. Right now I am praying that the Lord will work it out that I will have a job soon after completion. But only if it is His will. If its not, I’ll have to go from there and see what He has planned out. Either way, I am so excited! Thank-you Lord for the opportunity to take this class.

Well, I need to go now. I pray that you have a wonderful day in the Lord. Thanks for stopping by!

Shycountrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)