Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Woo-Hoo! It's Snowing!!!

Good day to you friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord! Guess what?! There are two inches of snow on the ground right now and it is still falling! Woo Hoo! I can hardly believe it! Snow, in SE North Carolina! We never get snow like this.

It’s so beautiful. Right now I am looking out my back door watching it softly fall to the ground. Everything is covered in a blanket of white. The trees, the porch, the coop, the dog (not sure why he won’t go into his house), just everything!

I know that probably alot of you don’t see the big deal of receiving snow, but for us, it’s a really big event. This is the first time it has snowed in probably 5 years. And everything around here is shut down. People don’t know how to deal, or drive with it.

I only went to work for about an hour this morning. I woke up about 6:15 and it was just raining a bit. I knew the weather forcast was calling for it to start snowing about 8 or 9. well, sure enough, about 45 minutes after I arrived at work, it started out with a mix. Ten minutes later the phone rang. Just as I thought it would be, it was my dear mother telling me to get home before the bridge froze over.

I hated leaving like that, but if I didn’t get home right then, I would have been stranded. The bridge I have to travel over freezes very easily, so you defintley do not want to be traveling over it.

I figured today I would take the opportunity to do a bit of sewing, and a bit of cleaning. After lunch me, my mom, my brother, maybe my sister are going to take scenic walk through our woods. I may try to build a small snowman, and even have a snowball fight with my brother and sister.

Well, I have to go now. I hope you have a great day in the Lord!

Shycountrygal

P.S. I went up to the chicken coop a bit earlier to see how they were enjoying it. My two pet birds Chocolate and Dega were huddle in the corner trying to ignore all the fuss of it all. But the bad children( Our nine redstar laying hens), however were standing out in the middle of their yard eating and chasing the flakes. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)