Monday, February 23, 2009

A Busy and Unplanned Weekend

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. Its a chilly day in my part of NC. The temperature is about 40 degrees here. BRRR!!! The sun is out though, so its not all that bad. I just can’t wait until spring though.

It was a busy weekend for me. I had to work as usual. But not as much as usual. I told my boss Wednsday that I would need to leave work Saturday at 12 so I could go to the church and help put up the flowers for the month. She said that was fine, and I left it at that. Well when I arrived at work Saturday my boss asked me if I wanted to get off at 10. She said that the other girl wanted to work a bit more and that I could go home if I wanted. I said that would be great and I left at 10.

Well, I was thinking I was going to be able to go home and get a nap in before I needed to be at the church. I thought my family would be gone by then. They were planning on being at a local historical reenactment by 10. But when I got home they were still there. I was glad. That meant I was able to go with them. Thank-you Lord. I got to spend some time with my family.

We had a good time at the revolutionary war reenactment of a local battle. They had live history camps and weapon demonstrations. But I have to say my favorite part was watching my younger brother.

They had a bunch of little boys all dressed up in colonial attire, running around the field and earthworks playing the war. Well when they saw my younger brother wearing his tri-corn hat and carrying his dummi gun they asked him to join in. He was a bit shy at first and said no. But we all knew he really wanted to.

Well, after watching them run around and playing for a few minutes, he finally joined into the battle. It was lots of fun to watch. They had all these young boys running around reenacting the battle of M. C. themselves. They even had the two sides divided up by the patriots and loyalists. I think they were the main show. Everyone was stopping to watch them. What really added a special effect to the war was the fife and drum core playing right behind them. It was really neat.

Well we had to leave sooner than we would have prefered due to the fact I need to be at the church by 1 p.m. So as a soon as I got home I had to leave again. When I got to church I got straight to work with Ms. J. She is so talented with flower arranging. She can take old boring arrangements and bring them to life again, no problem. She is teaching me so much.

She’s also an easy person to talk to. I like that alot. I have always had a hard time at talking with anyone. Even simple things such as shaking hands or saying hello are diffucult for me.I’m trying to get over that one step at a time. With the Lord’s help its becoming easier. So I am so glad the Lord has sent someone into my lfe to talk to.

But I took the opportunity of our church oyster roast, that followed the flower arranging, to speak with different people in the church. I went around to the different tables and sat with different people. I may have not done much talking, but just getting out of my comfort zone and sitting with different people was a huge step for me. I was nervous, but it wasn’t that bad. I ate myself some delicious oysters and had some good fellowship with good Christian people.

Sunday was church and work. The sermon was on love. 1 Corinthians teaches that love does not behave unseemly, it does not want to please itself, and is not easily provoked. When you display true love you will not be thinking of yourself, but of others. Only when you show these traits can love be shown.

Well, I need to go study for class this evening. I have a major test on Wedsday. Yikes!!! I still don’t have half of the terms memorized.

Hope you a have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

Shycountrygal

P.S. Thanks to everyone who left great ideas on eating healthy. I am trying to put them to use now. THANK YOU!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)