Monday, March 9, 2009

Hope and Spring Are In The Air

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. It’s a beautiful day here in my part of NC. The temperature out is 75 and is so bright and sunny. It has been like this since Friday.

Halleluja! The Lord has answered my prayers, I haven’t shivered in a whole three days. I just only pray that it lasts awhile. The weather man is calling for it to be 50 this weekend. But he has been wrong before. The Lord is the only one who truly knows what its going to be from one day to the next. Spring may be here to stay.

Well, we had a busy weekend that’s for sure. It started out with a trip me and my family took Thursday. We went to see a stage production of Charlottes Web. It was really great. I thought it was going to be rather silly, since the entire place was filled up with 6 & 7 year olds when we got there. But it wasn’t all that bad. I actually enjoyed it. Along with my 9 year old brother, and my 15 year old sister, who laughed at the character of Templeton, and cried when Charlotte died.

After the play was over we decided to go eat at Mickey D’s for lunch. While eating my mom decided to that we were going to go on to our local menonite bulk store. It was such a lovely trip. We ended up having to take a detour due to a bridge repair, but it was so nice. We were able to enjoy some beautiful scenery and good quality time together. Thank-you Lord!

After purchasing our fresh milk and bread from the bulk store, we then decided to precede home. But we still had one more surprise in store. A stop at a local antique shop. I had never been in one before, and was amazed at the amount of items they had. They had so many nice things. If I ever get married and get a house of my own, I will go there to get everything to decorate. I love old looking things.

I did go ahead and get a headstart on that though. I purchased a set of dishes and cups for only $10. I was so happy. They are so pretty too. They’re white with little blue flowers along the egdes, and a silver trim. I’m wanting to start a hope chest, and this seemed like a great way to get one going. Now I just have to work on the chest. Oh Daddy!!

Friday was house cleaning and laundry. Since I am curently unemployed, I am trying to keep busy by helping my mom out with the housework. I don’t mind though. I actually enjoy it. It’s alot of work, but its enjoyable to me to help out my family. It means that I have one, and that I am thankful for.

Daddy was home Saturday, so yard work was in the forecast for our homestead. Him and my brother stayed busy constructing our strawberry tier all day. (Can’t wait for those to come up.) Me and my mom cleaned up around the yard and kept everyone fed and hydrated, while my sister cleaned up her dogs’ pen. Bedtime could not come fast enough that day.

Yesterday was church and rest day. It’s so nice to not work on Sundays. I can sit through church and not be worrying about putting up with peoples attitudes that afternoon. I am able to fully concentrate on the sermon being preached and on God’s word.

Well, I need to go now. I need to take some oatmeal cookies out of the oven. I also need to start getting ready for class this evening. I have another test! Yikes!

So, until next time, I pray that you have a wonderful day in the Lord! Thanks for stopping by!

Shycountrygal

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have written all of these memories down. Put a smile on my face today! I love you!
    Mama
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)