Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Long Time, No Post. Sorry!!!

Good day friends and family! It’s a beautiful spring day here in my part of NC. The sun is shining brightly and the temperature is about 60. Absolutly perfect. Thank-you Lord!

Whew! It sure has been a busy week or so. Sorry I have not posted in a while, but I have had so much going on I haven’t had much time to. I think this upcoming week will be a bit slower, but we’ll see.

So what have I been up to? Well, about two weeks ago we added some new additions to the family. Take a guess what they are? Don’t know? I’ll tell you then, chickens! Chicks to be exact. And they are so adorable!

We now have two Rhode Island Reds and three Ameracaunas. The Ameracaunas are supposed to be pullets (girls under a year old) and the Reds straight-run (meaning we have no idea what they are yet). They have all been named (Maybelline, Lydie, Elsie, Sandy, and Brownie) and are doing quite well in their new home. They already have their wing feathers growing in!

Along with the babies, I had to finish up my optometric/opthalmic assistant class. Wow, did I have alot of material to cover. All the terms and procedures made my head spin there for awhile. But I took my final exam last Monday and passed it with a 98. Thank-you Lord!

As glad as I am about passing the class, I am a still a bit sad it is over. I have so enjoyed going everyweek and getting to know some sweet, and kind women. Everyone was so nice. Another great thing is that most of them profess to be Christians, and showed it well. I will be keeping in contact with them all. Gonna miss ya’ll! Love ya’!

So that leaves me now to look for a job. I have sent in several resumes( it took me about a week to get that done) to about 5 different offices so far, and plan on sending in some more in the coming days. So please keep me in prayer about that. Please Lord show me where to go, and let it be where you want me.

Today was a special day. Me and my mom, my sis, and my little brother went to our homeschool capital fest. We got to tour all the museums and see downtown Raleigh. It was alot of fun. Except when I saw how much that God has been taken out of everything.

All the history dates had BCE, and millions and billions of years ago. I was disgusted. It’s just so sad how they have taken Christ out of everything. Our country was built on Christian values, but no one cares anymore. God will judge this country soon. I just pray that everyone will see what they are doing is wrong, and turn to the Lord and repent before it is too late.

I just can’t get over how pretty everything is starting to look. All the trees are begining to bud, along with the flowers. The dogwoods ought to be gorgeous in week or so. They have little, tiny buds just starting to pop out. I can’t wait for them to completly bloom. I love dogwood trees.

Well, I need to go now. I have a bit of cleaning to do this evening.

So, I pray that you have a wonderful day in the Lord! Thanks for stopping by!

Shycountrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)