Monday, March 2, 2009

Want to Stop Shivering, and A Job

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in the Lord. Its a cold one today in my neck of the woods. The temperature is only 35 with a windchill of about 29. Can anyone say BRRR… Oh how I want springtime to come. But then again, right after spring is summer, and 90 degree weather. So maybe I can stand this weather a bit longer. I just want to stop shivering is all.

Well, its been an interesting week to say the least. I’ve had school, church, went to the beach, lost my job, and have been busy helping my mom with the household cleaning. Wait just a second, you’re wondering, lost your job. Yeap. You heard me right. I am currently unemployed.

I guess it was kinda expected for me. I mean the owners health wasn’t all that great, and they had mentioned closing down the place once before, but it still comes as a shocker to me. The worst part of all was the fact that they did not even inform me of them shutting it down. I just went in last Tuesday and the sign beside the road said "Closed, For Sale or For Lease".

I didn’t really expect them to close it down so soon though. They hadn’t really made any mention of it in about a month. I understand they cannot let the info get out into the community too soon. But I don’t understand why they couldn’t have just called me. I mean that was my job, my livelyhood. I busted my tail for them almost everyday for 3 years, and they didn’t even have the respect for me to let me know I was out of a job.

But the Lord knows what he is doing. He has everything in control. Like my mom said, he never shuts one door without opening another. I just pray that as soon I finish my OA class, I will be able to find a job. Preferably within a good Christian enviroment. He knows what he is doing, Amen!

Well, even though I do not have a job currently, I am not without work. I’ve taken it upon myself to help my mom completly reorganize this entire house. I started out with last week with scrubbing one of the bathrooms top to bottom. That’s something I didn’t particularly like doing. Showers can be scarry at times. Especaily when you haven’t scrubbed them in about a month. But it wasn’t that bad.

This week I will clean and dust all the shelves and cabinets. Hopefully this will cut down on some of the allergy problems my little brother is experiencing.

Mama even treated us a trip to the beach Friday. We have been wanting to go for so long, but were not able due to my working all the time. It was so nice Friday. The temperature was 70 and it was bright and sunny. The water was so beautiful. It had this beautiful green color to it you only see during the winter. And the air smelled so good. It was such a peacful way to forget everything.

Saturday was a lazy day. I did absolutley nothing all day. It was the first time for one of those in a good long while. I layed around and watched my Waltons and Christy DVDs. It was so nice to not have to go anywhere or do anything. It will probably be the last time I do that for a long while.

Sunday was church. I do enjoy going to church. I love hearing our pastors sermons and being around other Christians. And what was so nice about yesterday, I didn’t have to go to work right afterwards. Its was so nice to come home and spend time with my family on the Lord’s day.

Well, I need to go now. I need to do a bit of studying before heading off to class this evening. I pray that you have a wonderful day in the Lord! Thanks for stopping by!

Shycountrygal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)