Sunday, November 28, 2010

The LORD's Leading in My Life


Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful afternoon. Its a bit on the chilly side this LORD's day. But for once I actually don't mind all that much. It certainly puts me in more of a Christmasy mood. :)

Well it sure has been an eventful two weeks for me. From preparing for Thanksgiving, Thanksgivings arrival, Black Friday shopping, me becoming a K-3 teacher, and not to mention all the usual goings on of farm life, spare time has been very limited. Wait a minute, did you catch that little bit? I have become a K-3 teacher!

Yes, you read right. I am now a K-3 teacher at my church's Christian school. It was a very sudden event for me, and one that made me examine my priorities and one that was a true answer to prayer.

As I have said before following high school, I made the decision to be a stay at home daughter. This means that instead of going to school or getting a full time job, I feel the LORD has led me to stay at home and help my parents around the house, or serve anywhere in the community I can be used, preparing and training myself for the day that I will prayerfully be married and have a family of my own. Basically, I am striving to become a Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 woman.

When I made this decision, my prayer was that the LORD would provide me with many opportunities to serve not only within my family, but in my community and church. So far he has been ever gracious and faithful to provide me with more opportunities to serve than I could of ever dreamed of. I have worked at a local Christian camp as a cook, I've worked on my neighbors farm doing whatever is needed, I am now second in charge of our church's floral decorating, and now I have been blessed with this job of being a K-3 teacher.

But the decision to take the job was not easy. When the prospect of this job came up 3 weeks ago, I was against it. I've not had much experience with a group of 3 year olds before, and the idea of having to teach them two days a week, was rather daunting. There was also the issue of it taking up time that I believed should have been reserved for my family. So I left it alone. But two weeks ago I was asked to just come sit in the class, and see how it runs. So, I went and fell in love with it, and knew without a doubt it was where the LORD wanted me. :D

The children are so sweet and very well behaved. And the curriculum is set up in a very easy to follow format. The best part of all is that it is only two days a week, and class is only from 8-12. So most days I will be home by 12:30, so I will be able to still help out around the house, as well as my neighbors farm Friday mornings and camp in the summer. And for that I am very thankful for.

My first day is Tuesday, and boy am I nervous. I've been getting everything planned this weekend, so hopefully I will be well prepared. Just pray for me. This is a very new experience to me, and I am the kind of person that until I get used to something I am VERY nervous and anxious about it. But I know the LORD is with me, and as spoken of in Philippians 4, I can do all things through Christ, who strenghtens me.

Well, I think I'll get off here now. There is a skating Christmas special on T.V. featuring Manheim Steamroller, and I would really love to watch it right now.

So until next time have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel



1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Angel!!! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you -- this is such a great opportunity to gain some very valuable experience and learn more about teaching small children (which is an important thing to learn). You'll have to tell us all about how it goes! :-D

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)