Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Busy, Blessing Filled Weekend


Its getting late and I can't sleep. Its been one busy weekend and it looks like it might be an even busier week. But I thought I would stop by and share with you two blessings I received this weekend.

Two weeks ago, I was asked to make all the bread we would need for our church's Christmas party tonite, as well as help prepare the sides for the meal. No big deal in that. I was going to spend all day yesterday making the bread, and then just head home after church today, eat lunch and head on back to hep with the sides. But unfortunately there was a death in the church this week. This threw everything for a loop.

Not only was I not going to be able to make the bread on Saturday because of the funeral, I was suddenly put in charge of decorating for the party. Now, don't get me wrong. I love being given the opportunity to serve, its just that sometimes I'm given so many opportunities I feel overwhelmed! A blessing in disguise is a great way to put it. But I thank the LORD for the opportunity. :)

So following the funeral, me and the other lady in charge set to work decorating. We did not finish up until 6 pm. Boy was I tired and really not looking forward to making the bread when I got home. But bless my mother's heart. I believe I have the best mama in the world. She made all the bread for me! Words cannot express my gratitude for her. :) She truly is a blessing!

My second blessing came this evening. After getting home from church, I started feeling a bit low about something. I can't really talk about it, but I will let you know it's been going on for some time now. And tonite after church, it was brought to my mind. I thought about crying about it, but the LORD had something better in mind. :)

I logged onto Facebook and saw that one of the only people in the world I have have ever really been able to talk to is online. She moved away about 2 months ago and I have missed her dearly. But I caught her online and just started talking to her. I asked her how she was doing and such, and then out of the clear blue she asked me about that subject.

I talked a bit about it with her, and she offered her advice and such. She let me know she was praying for me, and I said the same to her. My problem isn't solved. But I feel much better about it now. Just being able to talk about it to someone was such an encouragement. :) To me, it is one of the greatest blessings of all! :)

It reminds me of a verse found in Romans chapter 8 verse 28- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What an encouragement to know that if we are HIS children, GOD will make everything in our lives come together and work for HIS good, and ours. :D

I pray you all have a wonderful evening! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is good -- I'm so glad for all He has done for you this week!!

    Come on over to my blog -- I've tagged you! :-D

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)