Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Day!!!!

Hello to all of you! I pray that you are having a wonderful Christmas week! My week has been wonderful with all of the excitement of Christmas, and of course the snow.

Now I know some of you Northerners may not see wat can be so exciting as snow, seeing that ya'll receive it all the time. But for us Southerners, snow is a HUGE deal. We rarely receive any during our winters, and to have some for Christmas is practically unheard of. So when it snowed this Christmas weekend, it made the snow even more special. :D

Well, let me stop rambling on, and take you on a tour of the homestead all covered in winter's white.

Well what can this be? Tracks in the snow. But these are not your ordinary old tracks. But what are they?




There's the culprit! My chickens enjoying their day...









Here's an interesting specimen. One that pushed the snow all around and we nicknamed "snowplow". ;)







There's me in my camo coveralls. Not very feminine, but boy do they keep you warm.







The Crepe Myrtle tree seed pods...

The hydragea bush with it's snow and ice encrusted blooms...




There's Annabelle! She was not very thrilled with the cold, wet stuf. She wanted to stay in her nice, warm shed all day.


The fence by the driveway...


Crab apple tree against the sky while it was snowing...



The Crab Apple tree after it finished snowing...


Pretty trees...

Ice on some branches...



The holly bushes, loaded with berries...
:D

A fallen tree in the woods...

Me, my mom, and my sis having fun...



I love this shot. It's a wreath hanging on our fence. It's just so Christmasy to me.



The driveway...

The mailbox all decked out...


Oh, just look at at the snow against that beautiful, Carolina blue sky!










Oh dear, my brother and cousin drenching me in a snowball fight. ;)



But there's nothing quite like a peaceful walk through the woods with all the shadows and sounds...




But of course there's nver a better way to warm up and relax after a snow day, than a hot cup of Wassail, a candle burning, a warm blanket, and BBC's "Emma". :D



Have a great evening my friends! Thanks for stopping by!


Angel

1 comment:

  1. Angel, your photos are just plain awesome!! I especially loved the holly in the snow ... and your adorable puppy plowing through the snow. :-D Did you ever tell us what kind of dog she is? She reminds me of the dog we had growing up. She loved the snow too. :-)

    I'm glad you're enjoying the snow! :-P How often do you get snow down there? This year has been especially bad for snow here in the Midwest; we had between 7 and 9 inches on the ground before it started melting today. :-O

    Have a wonderful day! Tell us soon how your teaching job is going!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)