Saturday, December 18, 2010

TANGLED!!!

Alright everyone. I must confess I am always a little behind on the times. When something new comes out and is grand, I usually don't find out for a few weeks later. So last night was one of those time when I made one of these discoveries. What am I talking about? TANGLED!!!



Last night a friend called me and asked if I would like to go with her and several other friends to the theater for a late night showing. I said sure, what are we gonna see, and she informed me it was 'Tangled'.

Now I have known this movie has been out since November 24th. Me and my sister have talked about going to see it, but I never really intended on going to see it in theaters. I thought it was going to be your typical new release Disney film loaded with crude humor or the whole "follow your heart" theme. Even though it did have the theme of Rapunzel following her dream, it was not loaded with crude humor. For that I am very thankful.

Here's the plot summary courtesy of IMDB- After receiving the healing powers from a magical flower, the baby Princess Rapunzel is kidnapped from the palace in the middle of the night by Mother Gothel. Mother Gothel knows that the flower's magical powers are now growing within the golden hair of Rapunzel, and to stay young,


she must lock Rapunzel in her hidden tower. Rapunzel is now a teenager and her hair has grown to a length of 70-feet. The beautiful Rapunzel has been in the tower her entire life, and she is curious of the outside world. One day, the bandit Flynn Ryder scales the tower and is taken captive by Rapunzel. Rapunzel strikes a deal with the charming thief to act as her guide to travel to the place where the floating lights come from that she has seen every year on her birthday. Rapunzel is about to have the most exciting and magnificent journey of her life. Written by Douglas Young (the-movie-guy)

The movie was beautiful all the way through. From the animation



to the wonderful music composed by the talented Alan Menken,

to the heart warming love story

and even the "follow your dream" theme


The characters were also surprising fun. I found Rapunzel to be quite refreshing. She wasn't your typical Disney princess( don't get me wrong, I love all the Disney princesses) where all you see is the love story and her dress. In Rapunzel you see a young woman who is innocent, funny, but yet knows how to handle herself in a tight situation. For example, she shows a delighful new use for cast-iron frying pans. ;)



As for Flynn Rider, well his looks say just about everything for him. Here's a quote that about says it all for him.
"I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice, here comes the smolder..."

A dashingly handsome thief, even though he is full of himself, goes through a wonderful transformation through the film. And he loves brunettes! :D
Then there's Pascal, Rapunzels adorable little Chameleon with an attitude.

And let's not forget Maximums. This horse reminded me so much of our dogs bad boy/firm loyalty character, I could not help but fall over laughing. ;)



But being a hopeful romantic,my favorite part of the movie would have to be the moment when Flynn and Rapunzel realize they love each other and sing one of my new favorite songs " I See the Light". Here's a video of it.


Overall, it is one of the best movies Disney has made in my opinion. Its a great movie for a girls night out, night with family, or maybe if your really blessed a great movie for a date. ;)
I pray that you all have a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Angel, thanks for posting all the great stills from this movie! The animation is really spectacular!

    Hmm, Flynn Rider kind of reminds me of Errol Flynn ... I wonder if that was intentional, or if it's just my imagination? :-O

    And Rapunzel is really cute! :-D Maybe my sister and I will watch this one for a "girl night"!

    Have a great day, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)