Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HIS Will


Good day friends and family! I pray that you are having a wonderful day in our LORD! The sun is shining quite brilliantly here today. With the reflection of it on the snow, looking out the window is almost blinding. But it sure is beautiful to look at.

I will confess, I am ready for the snow to go. Even though it is fun to play in, and very pretty to look at, it's quite a pain to deal with, when you have to get outside and take care of all the animals, and other outdoor chores. Oh, well...

But, I'm not here to talk about how much I want the snow to go away. I wanted to share with you part of a message our Pastor preached last Wednesday night. It was quite and encouragement for me. I pray it will be for you as well. The topic was GOD's will for our lives, and knowing when GOD truly wants us to something. The primary text comes from Psalm 143: 10. Here it is...

Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

This verse should be a prayer for our lives in Christ. In this text the Psalmist is asking the LORD to show him GOD's will in his life, for GOD is good, and will lead you where HE wants and needs you most. As sons and daughters of the one true king, our lives should be completely and totally focused on serving GOD in the way that HE deems best for our lives.

But determining GOD's will in each of our lives can be a struggle. I know how I struggled to know what GOD wanted me to with my life following high school graduation. I was in a constant state of turmoil within myself, not knowing ( and yes even ignoring ) what GOD wanted me to do. I was stuck between wanting to do what pleased myself, and doing what GOD wanted me to do.

Through the loving, yet chastising hand of our LORD, I finally realized that I need to listen to HIS word, and HIS leading in my life. HE lovingly showed me some important truths that my Pastor pointed out and reminded me of, last Wednesday night.

The first step take in order to determine if something is GOD's will for our life, whether it be a job, changes in churches, friendships, schooling, marriage, or anything other decision we may be force to make, is to seek HIS guidance through prayer. Pray, pray, pray! As I Thessalonians says, "Pray without ceasing". Some other great verses for this are Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."


The second thing to do is to dig deep into your Bible. Study the Holy word of GOD, concerning the subject. Even though the Bible may not say anything specific about whether or not to go to school, HE does have specific guidelines concerning how we live our lives. Such as examining our motives behind such issues. Why are you making the decision your making? Is it to please your own feelings, maybe a friend or family member? Or are you truly seeking to please GOD and to serve HIM in that area of your life? Put GOD first in your decision.

After you have prayed, and meditated with GOD on what you believe HE is calling you to do, seek out the advice of Godly friends and family members. I have found advice most helpful myself. When I was offered a job at camp, and at school, I found great peace about these decisions when I talked about them with my parents, and with friends. Most of the time these people can help you sort through your thoughts with their advice and wisdom.

But a word of caution, don't base your decisions on what they say or think. Just listen to what they have to say and examine their advice. But make your decision based upon what GOD speaks to you first and foremost.

Once you have prayed ardently, studied GOD's word fervently, and sought the advice of Godly influences, then you can make a decision. Sometimes though, it is quite awhile before you know where you are meant to be. There are times where HE just says, "Be still, and know that I am GOD..." Psalm 46:10. It took me about almost two years to finally realize that GOD wants me to be a servant for HIM, in and around my parents home for now. In all that time, that verse kept appearing to me, and I finally took it to heart, and GOD clearly ponted me to where HE wanted me.

What joy and delight it is to know that you are right where GOD wants you! Instead of pain, anguish, and turmoil, there is peace. A perfect peace and clarity of mind you are blessed with, knowing GOD does have a will for you life, and you are EXACTLY where HE wants you. I am so thankful that I am in that state right now. I only pray, that you are in that state as well.

But if you're not, pray to HIM today! Ask GOD to show you where HE would have you serve HIM in your life. You will go through a time of trying and testing, but in the end you will never regret it. HE will be standing right there by your side, lovingly guiding your steps daily. :)

I pray that this post was a blessing and and encouragement to you today. I pray that GOD spoke to your heart through HIS usage of me. I ceratinly received a blessing in sharing it with you. :D

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

5 comments:

  1. Angel, I do believe this is the best post you've ever written! :-D

    It really touched my heart -- I have prayed for many years to clearly know God's will for my life, and even now I still have questions about where He wants me to go. More than anything in the world, I want to be in the center of His will and to be in perfect fellowship with Him.

    Isn't it incredible how much He loves us?? I will never understand the love that He has for such sinful, stubborn creatures -- I just have to rejoice in it and share it with everyone I know!

    Thank you again for this post!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must seek His face and search for His will to be done in our lives.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel, your blog has been listed on www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)