Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Random Ramblings...


Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD. It's been a cloudy sort of drizzly day here in my part of NC. Under normal circumstances, I would welcome a cloudy day. To me it's just and invite to lay around and be lazy. But alas, I can not do that. I really need to get my two and a half mile walk in. I've not been able to get that in for almost a week now, due to snow, and now the rain. Oh well, I'll just have to subject myself to the pain of exercising indoors...

But things have been going on pretty well around the homestead. We are no longer milking our cow however. She finally dried up. You see, cows only give milk for about a year or so after they have had their calves, and Annabelle had her calf about a year and a half ago. So until we are able to get her bred again, and she gives birth to a calf, I won't be doing any milking.

I don't mind too much though. It's been quite a welcome break. Even though I am sure gonna miss that fresh milk, butter, and cheese, the break for me and the rest of the family is a huge blessing. We're not wearing ourselves out by getting up at 6 every morning, then going to work all day, then milking her every evening around eight or so. So I am thoroughly going to enjoy my extra hour of sleep. :)

Teaching the 3 year old at our church's Christian school two days a week has been going quite well. We have finally established a routine, as well as the pyramid of authority. I'm not saying the kids have been little angels mind you, it's just that they now know who holds the candy jar. I mean that in a literal way. ;)

I've not been working on my neighbor's farm much lately. In fact I've not been there since before Christmas. This is a slow time of year for the egg business. Chickens need 14 hours of daylight to lay eggs regularly, and they certainly don't receive that during the winter. But come March, the eggs will return, and so will my job. :)

Well, I better get off here. I am in the process of purchasing a new cell phone, and all these fees and terms have got this country girls head swirling round and round. Help some one!

I just thought I would update you on the goings on of life around here. It's not much, but it is my life, and I am ever so thankful for to the LORD for blessing me with it! :D

I pray you all have a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your teaching at the preschool is going well, Angel! I've been wondering!

    I know exercising is difficult at this time of year ... I always do the bulk of my exercising inside, so that's not a problem for me, but it just seems that motivation runs low when it's so cold and gray. :-( Which is partly why I haven't exercised for the last 3 days ...

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)