Saturday, January 15, 2011

Turtles!

Well if you have read my profile you have noticed I call myself a "master dessert maker". But I have never explained that self bestowed title. Well, to put it simply I LOVE making desserts. One of my favorite things to do is to search through cookbooks and find that one perfect looking recipes. This pastime of mine has given me a bit of a repuation for sharing some of the most wonderfully, new and delectable recipes with church and family members.

So, today I thought I would share with you one of my personal favorite recipes. It is quite a simple recipe, only taking about an hour to prepare and bake. They are called "Turtles". Boy, let me tell you what! These things are addicting, with the caramel, pecans, and chocolate. Yum! I think I'll go grab one while ya'll check out the recipe. ;)

2 cups flour, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar






1 1/4 cup chopped pecan pieces




3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup butter





1 cup chocolate chips




Mix flour, sugar and softened butter to make crumbs.




Pat them in a 9x13-inch pan.




Sprinkle pecan pieces evenly over crust.












Heat brown sugar and butter and boil one minute, stirring constantly.


Pour caramel over crust and pecans immediately and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.





Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of hot bars right after removing from oven.





Let set two minutes to soften, then swirl with a knife, as they melt leaving some whole. Do not spread smooth!








Cool, cut and enjoy!

Oh graciousness, someone help me! I can't stop eating them! They're just too good!
Have a blessed evening! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. They were the BEST you ever made!

    Mama
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look soo good! I will have to try them out tomorrow. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! These look amazing!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)