Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Wonderful and Happy New Year!

Good evening friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! The weather here in my part of NC is quite lovely today. The sun has shone brightly for the most part of the day, and the temps have been in the upper 60's. Woo-Hoo! That means I actually got to wear a short sleeve tee out and about today. I love it when its warm! :D

Well, another year has come and gone. Twenty-ten was a fairly busy and memorable year for me. Last year began a bit tumultuous with our family unsure of the LORD's leading concerning a church for us to attend. But thankfully, HE led us right where he wanted us within 4 months. :)

2010 was a time for traveling for me. I was fortunate enough to go on a ski trip last January with many friends, as well as my sister. I was able to go on a camping/rafting trip with our church as well. With my family I had the great opportunity of visiting the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, Linville Caverns and Falls in the mountains of NC, as well as a week long camping trip at Myrtle Beach. As you can see, I had my fair share of adventure last year. :D

The LORD taught me alot as well last year. One lesson I learned was to rely on HIM for strength. While I was working constantly at my neighbor's house as well as camp during the summer, I felt so drained physically and emotionally. But thank the LORD, he showed me daily that I all I need to do is cast my burden to HIM, and HE will help me to bear it.

Another lesson was how much I need to trust HIM for all my needs. Financially the LORD provided me with may opportunities to work, but at the same time still be able to help my family when they need it. Physically I was spared from getting sick often. Emotionally, the LORD provided many people for me to become friends with, to make me a lot less lonely So praise GOD! HE always provides exactly what I need, when I need it.:)

So by saying all that, I am most heartily looking forward to this coming year, and I can't wait to see what the LORD has in store for me. It looks as if it may be another busy one, but I love it! Let me share with you some of the goals I have set for this year.

1. Read the Bible all the way through chronologically.
2. Be a kinder, more obedient daughter, and a less bossy sister. ;)
3. Complete at least one sewing project a month. Some projects I would like to work on are a rag quilt for a friend that will be having a baby in March, a Regency style gown, and perhaps even make my Easter dress this year.
4. Read at least one book every two weeks. By that, I mean more classics such as Charles Dickens, John Bunyan, Shakespeare and anything else I can find.
5. Get in better shape and eat healthier. I don't really need to lose any weight, I just need to eat more health foods, as well as exercise more. :)

Well, I better get off here. Our church is holding a soup supper tomorrow evening, and I am making Dutch Potato Soup to take. I think I'll try to chop the onions and cook the bacon for it tonite. That should make things a little less hectic for tomorrow. :)

I pray that you all have a wonderful evening, as well as a blessed and Happy New Year! :D Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

1 comment:

  1. Is that Dutch or Pennsylvania Dutch potato soup? I am in support of reading more classics. I love Charles Dickens!.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)