Thursday, February 3, 2011

Daniel F. Gerhartz

Good evening friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! I have had a lovely day myself. Aside from the cold weather, I have had a magnificent day! I was able to get out of bed this morning, head to school to teach the K-3 class, taught the K-3 class, came home, ate a marvelous lunch that consisted of a grilled ham and Swiss sandwich, with chips and salsa on the side, watched an episode of The Waltons, got my exercise in for the day, did a bit of blog surfing, and I have now come to you dear folks this moment. :D

While I was was out surfing the web, I decided to search out some beautiful art to admire ( being a hopeful romantic, this is one of my fave things to do when I have the spare time ). I came across some of the most beautiful paintings by a man named Daniel F. Gerhartz. While I was at it, I couldn't help myself but add a few quotes to go along with the paintings themselves. I thought I would share some of my favorite with you. Enjoy!

I like to think of thoughts as living blossoms borne by the human tree. ~James Douglas


Life is full of beauty. Notice it.

Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
"


In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir



The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. ~Henry David Thoreau, Walden



Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. ~Francis Bacon



A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958



Have a blessed evening! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Angel -- I have to say, I have never heard of this artist before ... I have seen one of his paintings in a YouTube montage once, but I didn't know who painted it ... his color and richness of detail are amazing! I think I like his paintings almost as well as Daniel Ridgway Knight! :-)

    Thank you for the lovely quotes, too! Have a wonderful evening!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)