Monday, February 7, 2011

On My Cross

You know, there is something I have been thinking about quite a bit of late. It's a subject that is not to be entertained lightly. It is one to with all severity and sobriety, you are to contemplate. It is the subject our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, taking YOURS and MY place upon the cross.

For down the "Roman Road", we see that 'all have come short of the glory of GOD'. What that verse is saying through the curse of Adam, and down through the ages, leading to our own choice to openly oppose and lead lives as the depraved individuals that we are, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON on this earth is able to approach GOD without the blood of Jesus Christ on our lives.

"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

Praise the LORD! We see further down the "Road" that by GOD's grace, and the redemption in Christ Jesus' sacrifice, we are declared justified and redeemed! We are now able to boldly approach the throne of GOD, and live our lives daily with the knowledge we are safe, and forgiven in the palm of HIS hand. :D

But this brings me to the reminder of how unworthy I am of this most precious gift. Jesus Christ had so much love for us, that he sacrificed HIS life, so we might be found forgiven in HIS sight. HE died a most horrible and painful death for us. HE took my shame and my blame, upon HIS innocent life, just so we may live with HIM.

There is a song that puts this into perspective for me. Let me tell you, if you are a child of the Father, and truly love your Lord and Saviour, it will bring you to tears. Be blessed by it's words.



How wide is Your love
That You would stretch Your arms
And go around the world
And why for me would a Savior's cry be heard

I don't know
Why You went where I was meant to go
I don't know
Why You love me so

Those were my nails
That was my crown
That pierced Your hands and Your brow
Those were my thorns
Those were my scorns
Those were my tears that fell down
And just as You said it would be
You did it all for me
And after You counted the cost
You took my shame, my blame
On my cross

How deep is Your grace
That you could see my need
And chose to take my place
And then for me, these words I'd hear You say

Father no
Forgive them for they know not what they do
I will go
Because I love them so

Those were my nails
that was my crown
that pierced your hands
and your brow
those were my thorns
those were my scorns
those were my tears that fell down
and just as you said it would be
you did it all for me
and after you counted the cost
you took my shame, my blame
on my cross

those were my nails
that was my crown
that pierced your hands
and your brow
those were my thorns
those were my scorns
those were my tears that feel down
and just as u said it would be
u did it all for me
and after u counted the cost
you took my shame
my blame on my cross

after u counted the cost
u took my shame, my blame
on my cross

I doubt that I will ever be able to comprehend this sort of love. I doubt that I will never know, how why I am able to receive this sort of love. What I do know, is that even though I am unworthy, I am thankful for this gift of love in my life. :)

Have a wonderfully, blessed day. Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Amen, and amen.

    Lord, I am so utterly unworthy of Your overwhelming mercy and love -- forgive me for my self-will, doubt, laziness, and love of the world. Make me into a pure and holy vessel that You can use to Your glory!

    Yes, it is wonderful to be in the center of His will! I am pretty ashamed of myself right now, because I should have listened to my parents in the first place; but now that I have finally gotten onto the right path, I'm very determined to work hard and do well in my studies and clinicals and beyond. :-) Thank you for your sweet encouragement, my friend!

    Have a wonderful evening, and thank you for reminding us to remember the suffering and sacrifice of the cross!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great HIS gift truly is! How beautiful it is to have a daughter that is also my sister in CHRIST!

    Mama
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)