Thursday, February 24, 2011

True Love Found...

Ladies and gents, I have an announcement to make! I never thought it would happen so soon in my young life. What an amazing, absolutely, wonderful, astounding, and almost unbelievable emotion has overcome my senses. What joy I can hardly contain within! My wonderful friends, I have fallen in love. :D

So, I know that some of you may be dying to hear the story! ;) I will admit, I have hardly been able to keep the wonderful event all to myself this week. I think I have drove everyone in my family, from my dad to my brother, crazy with the event. But what can I say when I have met my first love! So let me stop blabbering on and recount this wonderful tale with you. :)

I guess you can say this is your typical love at "first sight" story. I first took note of my love, on Saturday, at a local "Civil War" reenactment, sitting amongst many distinguished companions. I will admit, I was a bit shy of my love. Sitting there so tall, broad, and dark, I could not help but hesitate in approaching this most handsome figure. After much careful prodding and encouragement from my mother, I gathered my courage and introduced myself to my future love. :)





As they say, it went down into history from there. Who knew that that handsome, dark frame could be just what I need in my life right now.









Something to make me feel confident...


Something to make me feel feminine...






Something to just have fun with and maybe even feel slightly mysterious...





What joy my love has brought to my life! My own meager words cannot express the thoughts I have for it. But these wonderful people state so well, what I feel for my love. :)

"A hat is a flag, a shield, a bit of armor, and the badge of femininity. A hat is the difference between wearing clothes and wearing a costume; it's the difference between being dressed and being dressed up; it's the difference between looking adequate and looking your best. A hat is to be stylish in, to glow under, to flirt beneath, to make all others seem jealous over, and to make all men feel masculine about. A piece of magic is a hat." (Martha Sliter)

We just know inside that we're queens. And these are the crowns we wear. (Felecia McMillan)

Wearing hats has become like fine art for me. (Tina Brown)

The right hat may also enliven our imagination of the past....an old-fashioned cloche, a picture hat, or a toque trimmed with a pouf of polka-dotted veiling is just enough to make us feel as if we were living in another, romantic age.

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

4 comments:

  1. That was really good. I was thinking you had meet a man..lol..and then halfway through the pictures it dawned on me oh she is talking about the hat. Great way to put a post..too cute!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, you are now an absolutely complete Southern belle!! It's just beautiful -- I love the feathers, the bow, the colors -- it is positively exquisite!

    And your photos turned out just lovely, too ... I especially like the one right under the "something to make me feel confident" paragraph, and the two where you have your head turned away. You could make some lovely things with those photos! :-D What a wonderful hat!!

    Hey, speaking of photos, I have a question -- how did you put together the "grab my blog button" thing? I know how to put up a picture, but I don't know how to get that box with the HTML code in it ... would you mind telling me how sometime?

    Thank you for sharing your new "love" with us! I certainly see why you fell in love with such a gorgeous shape (LOL)!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love your quotes! Where did you find them?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)