Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great Weekend Finds

Good evening family and friends! I pray you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! The weather in my neck of the woods for this third day of spring is glorious! The temps have been in the lower to mid seventies. And the skies have just been downright gorgeous with it's wonderful blue hues, speckled with white fluffiness. The best part of all though is, can I get a drum roll... NO SHIVERING!!! WOO-HOO! :D What can I say, when I am not cold I am in a wonderful mood... ;)

So life has been pretty great so far this week. Busy with work and all, but great. :)

Aside from me feeling a bit down Sunday(btw, I am feeling much better, thanks to my LORD), this weekend was really nice. Me, my mom, and my sis were able to go to a gigantic book sale at a local library on Saturday. I was able to find some great books, at excellent prices. ( three bucks for hard backs, two buck for soft:D )

Let me share with you my treasures...

I am in love with interior decorating, especially decorating in a vintagy, antiquish, country look. So when I found these books, I was thrilled! What awesome ideas and principles these books put into practice. While I will enjoy looking through them now, they're defiantly for my hope chest. ;)



If you know me well, you know I LOVE to sew. I have had to teach myself pretty much everything though. So when I find great instruction books, I get pretty excited. And the old Singer books (this one is from 1949) are so easy to understand, and give such wonderful tips. :)



Ahhh... the classics...





One of the main goals I had in going into this book sale is to find a cookbook that gives small portion recipes. One that can also go into my hope chest. ;) And looky what I found!



For the past two years I have been helping out with changing the flowers in church. While I know when an arrangement looks good, I don't know the principles behind it. So this book will be a HUGE help. :D



At Christmas, I asked my cousin, who is currently living in Philly, what he would like. He said some cook books for his vegetarian diet. While I have been looking for some when I have been shopping, I have never seen any under 30 dollars. So I was especially excited about finding this for him. :D

A successful shopping day indeed...

Do any of you have library book sales near you, that you attend? If so, do they have many books at great prices? I'd love to hear! :D

To end this post, I will share one of my favorite quotes...

Reading to the mind is what exercise is to the body~Richard Steele. 1710

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!

Angel

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you got some great finds!! Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some new books. I love books as well and finding a sale is a blessing. Dorinda

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)