Thursday, March 31, 2011

Homestead Updates



Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a marvelous day in our LORD! The weather is a bit dreary here in my part of NC. It's cloudy and cool, with temps in the upper 50's to mid 60's. So yes my dear friends, I am shivering once again. Oh well...

So, life has been going pretty great around the homestead. We have mostly been planting the garden for the year. I believe we have potatoes, onions, and broccoli planted as of right now. If daddy gets home in time this evening, and the rain holds off, we hope to plant some cabbage and iceberg lettuce then. :D

All the animals have been doing good. The chickens are as busy as can be, as usual, with their daily production...



Kaia, my dog, has been her usual wonderfully, angelic self. ;) Mama has not been too thrilled with her of late though. Kaia has developed the most distressing fascination of digging in the flower beds, as well as our herb garden. I think I should have named her NO... ;)



Annabelle had an interesting week last week. She had a "friend" come and stay with her. If you want to know more about that most distressing event, check out this post on my mom's blog...





The pig is thriving. Getting bigger everyday, I am anxiously looking forward to that fresh bacon, sausage, and all those wonderful cuts within the year. :)

The flowers around the homestead have been beautiful this year. The crab apple and apple trees were a most pleasant treat for both the eye and olfactory nerves. :D







I was reminded of one very important detail while gathering eggs for my neighbor last week.. ALWAYS wear closed toe shoes when walking through a flock of 200 curious ladies...



Smart me had the most "brilliant" idea to wear flip flops over there on a particularly warm day last week. Well, you can pretty much guess, I barley had a toe left when I returned. I am amazed at my brilliance at times... :P

Well, I guess that pretty much covers life around here. This week looks to be quite eventful. I get to work at the first farmer's market of the year Saturday, from 8-1pm. I am really looking forward to that. :D

Then it's the usual schedule of school, work, and life in general.

Well, I better get off here. I do believe I am in need of nourishment. In other words, I'M STARVING! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)