Saturday, March 12, 2011

How Wonderful Is Our GOD!



Good day friends and family! I pray you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! It's such a beautiful here in my part of NC. The sun is shining bright and cheerily, and the sky is that most beautiful shade of Carolina Blue. The temps are forecast to be in the mid to upper 60's. So not too much shivering today thankfully! ;)

Whew, it certainly has been a busy week around here for me. From, working at school, around the house, and at my neighbors house, there has been very little time for a breather in between. But that's my life, and I am ever so thankful the LORD has blessed me with it. :)

School has been going very well. The children and I have quite a nice little routine going for our days. We spend the first part of our morning focusing on letters, and Bible stories. Following our snack time, there is a bit of time to play in the gym, then we spend the last part of the day learning to count, or maybe dabble with some arts and crafts. Then we may spend time on something such as a social skill, or maybe a bit of a science time, learning about an animal or what not. Although at times I want to pull my hair out out, I must admit, I love my job there! :D

I started working at my neighbor's more this week. As I stated in an earlier post, she offered me a full time job there this summer. You see, I have been working there the past year just washing and gathering the eggs. But this week she said she needed someone to help her more full time during the summer months, with running the farmer's market. I asked her if she would consider me, and she said yes! :D

This has been such an answer to prayer for me. It has also been a bit of a difficult decision for me to make. For the past two years I have spent my summers working at a local Christian camp as kitchen staff. Sadly, I have been feeling that I am not being led to work there this year. While I dearly love working there, I have not been feeling completely at peace with working there this summer. So, I just asked the LORD to to send me where HE wanted me, and I believe HE has. :)

It is just so amazing to me, how the LORD works in my life. I know I say this alot, but it so true! When I felt the LORD call me several years ago to be a stay at home daughter, it was a HUGE leap of faith for me. When, I said yes to GOD, I was saying no to a possibly more steady future in a career, or school. It meant I would basically be relying on the LORD fully to meet all of my needs financially( which I should have been doing all along ).

Philippians 4: 19 states But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. How true HE is to HIS word! I have not lacked one thing since relenting my life to HIM. HE has provided me so many jobs to meet all my needs, and plenty of opportunities to serve in my community. And the best part of all, is that those jobs have never once taken prevalence over my main goal of serving HIM, by helping my family whenever they need it. I am just overwhelmed by HIS amazing goodness! :D

Well, I better get off here. We are getting a pig this weekend, and mama and daddy are already outside working on building the pen for it. So this stay at home daughter, homemaker in training better get off her rear end and get out there and do her job! :D

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Angel, you have been busy! First of all, congratulations on your pig! Will it be a male or a female? Are you raising it for food, or to sell, or to breed ... ? How exciting!!

    I'm also glad the Lord is working in your life to show you where He wants you this summer ... It is wonderful how He works, isn't it? He always stretches me just a little further than I think I want to go; but if I do what He asks, I always find that I'm much happier because I did! :-)

    By the way, I think you may have talked about this before, but if you did, I forget ... sometime you should share your journey to stay-at-home daughterhood. I would be interested to hear how He led you to where you are. :-)

    And finally, I started to message you last night, but I realized that I hadn't even picked which blog tag I wanted yet. :-P I'll make that decision, then I'll see if I need your expertise to help me get it posted up. ;-)

    Have a great "rest of the weekend"!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel!

    I still had trouble with the messaging on HSB, even using my mom's account; so I did a quick Google search, and I found a terrific website that you and your sister might want to know about ... it's a site where you just plug in your information, and it gives you the "grab" code:

    http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/

    I didn't want to thwart you after your sweet offer to help, but when I found that site, I was so excited I had to share it with you. Maybe it will make your sister's designing endeavors a little easier ... ?

    I hope you're having a great Sunday afternoon!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)