Sunday, April 3, 2011

Naturally There



I have four children in my K-3 class at school. I am most fortunate that they are all girls. ;) While they are a hand full at times, I dearly love working with them.

Following our snack time this past Thursday, we decided that instead of going to the gym to play, we would stay in the class room, and play with the toys in there. There are a great many toys for them to choose from, but the kitchen set is a most favorite of them.

As they were playing today I noticed something. Each of these girls love to play house. They love pretending to bake cookies, and wash dishes. When they have a chance, they love to hold baby dolls and pretend to feed and change them.

And all of a sudden, I was like, wow! Isn't it amazing how GOD created each of the genders? What I thought to be even more amazing, is how we see the natural traits and characteristics so early and often in children.

I was watching these little girls play, and I realized they were acting out the natural traits GOD gave females. The traits of nurturing, kindness, and gentleness with children and home are portrayed so distinctively in that innocent, and so natural play.

Then I see how my little brother behaved when he was younger, as well as other little boys. I see the natural traits they show in their determination to destroy most everything in their path. (okay, that may be a bit dramatic, but it does seem that way...)

By playing so rough, and tough, little boys are demonstrating their natural sense of protection and leadership. Traits that men are to have and show in society, and life in general. Attributes that mostly come naturally.

Maybe I'm weird, but I find all this just amazing! It makes me even more in wonder, and awe at my LORD, and how wonderful HE is. HE set everything in HIS own perfect order. Even right down to the character traits men and women are to display naturally. Everything on this earth, has a certain motion and way of happening, and HE made it that way.

HE hath made the earth by his power, HE hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by HIS understanding. Jeremiah 51:15

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139:14

Have a wonderful day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! I remember playing house when I was little and school too! It's funny thinking about it now, but He really did create us that way!
    Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)