Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's A Gift From God



Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God. ~Mary Manin Morrissey~

Too often in our mortal lives, we forget this fact. We wake up each and every day, forgetting how short, and precious our lives are. I was reminded of that fact twice this week. And it shakes me to the core.

A young man, whom I had an acquaintance with was leaving church this past Sunday afternoon. He was on the way to a friends house to watch a basketball game. When the lady driving the vehicle he was in pulled out of the driveway, onto the road in front of the church, they were struck in the side by another vehicle. This young man died at the scene of the wreck. He was but 17.

I was walking to my truck this morning, fixing to head to school. I heard the usual morning traffic moving down the road, in the distance. Suddenly I noticed horns blaring. They were quickly followed by what sounded like three explosions. I pull out to the end of the driveway and look to the right to find people running around in circles, with traffic blocked in both directions. I do not know the outcome of this collision, but I am almost sure it was not a pleasant one.

We live our lives daily, more often than not, believing ourselves to be invincible. We leave our loved ones with unkind words, or maybe without simply saying I love you, all because we "think" we will get another chance with them.

What we do not often recall is we are not guaranteed a tomorrow.

James 4: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

For that very fact, we ought to first have a clear assurance of where our eternal souls will be. Are you saved? Do you believe that GOD sent HIS son into the world to die for your sins? Have you accepted that grace? If you have not, find someone in whom you can talk to, that can show you the road of redemption.

Don't wait. Wait too long, and you'll wake up in eternal torment.

For those of you that do know Christ as your personal Saviour, praise HIM! HE has given you a wonderful life, that you can use for HIS greatest glory!

Thank HIM daily for this wonderful gift HE has given us called life! Sing HIS praises all the day long! Go hug your parents, siblings, friends, and all the dear ones in your life! Never leave them with an unkind word. Tell them you love them, and cherish each and every moment spent with them. You never know, when that moment will be the last you see of them on this earth.

The events of this week have changed my life for sure. I now have a keen sense, of how precious life is. I intend to live every day to its fullest. By serving my King in whatever capacity joyfully, with a sense of how short my time of service on this earth is. With my family, friends, and every single person I hold dear to my heart, I will not let it be unknown my adoration for them. :)

I hope you will do the same. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

Please rememebr the family of this young man in your prayers. His funeral will be tommorow, and one can only imagine the pain and anguish his parents will be going thorugh.

3 comments:

  1. I pray that the Lord would be with this young man's family - what a horrible thing for them to go through.

    We never know when something will happen and life will be over - it really is hard sometimes to realize that the next breath could be the last. Like the Bible says, "behold, NOW is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation"!

    Thank you for sharing these things with us, Angel. It is important to remember.

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thanks for the reminder. I needed this!
    Praying for that young man's family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for this young man's family and thanks for the message. It has touched my heart and I will praise the Lord. God bless. Dorinda

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)