Monday, March 7, 2011

Journey To Femininity: My Struggle



Good day friends and family! I pray you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! It's been bright and sunny here today, with temps in the mid to upper fifties. Not bad, but I just can't wait for the warm weather to return, with wonderful warm breezes blowing through the trees. Summer, you can't return fast enough for me! :)

Well, I'm gonna attempt to wrap up my Femininity series tonite. I would like to end this series, by sharing with you my struggles in this area. For this has been an area of deep conviction for me of late.

Before I began my bit of research in this area, I went to the most Biblically feminine woman that I know of, my mom. She helped open this subject area for me, and really prodded me to dig into scripture and pray for the LORD to show me, what it means to be truly feminine. She also lovingly hinted to me, there were areas that she sees in my life that I need to pray earnestly for the LORD to help me change.

The first area of femininity I sorely lack in, is that of a meek and quiet spirit. While it is true my over all demeanor is quiet, due to my being shy, my inner heart in anything but that at times. I am going to admit it first hand to ya'll, that I wage a war within myself daily. I am selfish, impatient, and I have a problem with being quick to anger.

These three issues go into the next issue I struggle with. One that only by the LORD's grace, I am able to show on a day to day basis. Having a nurturing caring attitude. This particular trait is most needed when dealing with children. Being a woman, naturally you are given the duty of taking care of children, whether it be your own, or the young ones in the nursery at church. When working with children, patience, and a kind attitude are IMPERATIVE.

Children will be children. They will push you to the limit mentally and physically. They will test you to the limit. They will run you round in circles playing until your ready to drop over with fatigue. Even though I have no children of my own, I do take care of them in the nursery at church, and I teach a 3 year old class two days a week. So I know what I am talking about.

I have come to realize that nothing is gained by becoming impatient with a child, and getting angry with them. I have learned, the hard way mind you, that most of the time (not all the time), being loving and kind to a constantly misbehaving child, works miracles with their attitude. The LORD really knew what HE was saying when a woman is to have a nurturing attitude. :)

I have no clue why in the world the LORD puts up with me. I am so unworthy of that awesome and amazing love HE daily shows me. I do not know how HE could ever find me worthy of bestowing HIS forever enduring patience and mercy. I do know that I am so incredibly thankful that HE is that way with me.

I am so thankful that HE is working in my life on a day to day basis, guiding each of my steps. I am so thankful that HE did put this subject of Biblical femininity at the forefront of my mind, so that HE could work in my life, and draw me closer to HIS side. It is only by HIS grace that HE daily molds me into the woman HE would have me to be. A truly feminine woman one day, perhaps :)

Well, there is one more area of feminity that I would like to discuss. I know that I said I would try to wrap up this series today, but alas, I can't. ;) But don't fear, I won't overwhelm you this evening with an information overload. I also have some other things I would like to post before then, so I would like to have the next installment in the series by this weekend, maybe even early next week, LORD willing. But, we'll see...

For now though, have a wonderful evening! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how true this is!
    I'm so glad you shared this...most people would never admit to something like this! How encouraging!These are areas i struggle with as well! I'm am so thankful that God is a just forgiving God, or i do not know where i would be! Keep pressing forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biblical femininity is something to definitely think about!


    I would love to have you visit our blog at rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com - a blog to encourage and help single Christian ladies.

    ~Ana Renee

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)