Friday, March 18, 2011

Journey To HIS Will, Part 4



“God will not suffer man to have a knowledge of things to come; for if he had prescience of his prosperity, he would be careless; and if understanding of his adversity, he would be despairing and senseless” ~ Saint Augustine



Well, what a journey we have taken these past few days. Through all the toil and anguish I went through, I look back now and see the hand of my Saviour, right there working in my life. I can now see how that horrible time of uncertainty and confusion brought me to a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father. I would trade that for nothing else in the world now. :)

So, with my question of work being answered so mercifully, came that next question on my list. It is one that stay at home daughter hood focuses on primarily. It's the subject of marriage, and spending your single years preparing for it.

The reason stay at home daughter hood focuses so much time on preparation for marriage I found, is because so many women these days enter marriage completely and totally unprepared. We are also not entering it with a Biblical mind set as well.

Let's read Titus 2- 3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.


Did you read that? Paul commands in this verse that the older women are to teach the younger women to be keepers at home. What a far cry from what women are being indoctrinated to become today!

In today's society we have gotten away from the highest calling a woman can have in becoming a help meet to her husband, and mother to her children. No longer are women preparing themselves for the most likely occurrence of marriage. We have become so focused on getting a college degree, that lifts up our selves, that we have gotten away from the true, and highest calling GOD set before us ladies!

Another problem I see so much today, with even people I know, is how discontent women become, even following marriage. Most women have been so trained for a career, that when they do get married and have children, they feel that the only way they can experience self worth is by working. In other words, they find themselves discontent with that life.

That is what stay at home daughter hood trains young women to do. It teaches them to be content with being at home. It focuses on developing homemaking skills, that will be of use and value to your husband. By spending those years at home, you can spend that special time, striving to become that Proverbs 31 woman in whose husbands heart, he can trust.

While I firmly believed in those truths, and still do, another concern arose and still knocks at my door today. What if I don't get married?

Let me say one thing first. I have learned that the goal of being a stay at home daughter is not to sit around and wait for my prince to show up. While it is a time of preparation for that possible event, it is not the goal. I have had to learn, that my primary focus in being a stay at home daughter is to live my life as close to the Bible, for my LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am to learn to be content doing whatever the LORD has for me. By staying under the authority HE has given me in my father, I can do just that. :)

If the LORD does not have marriage in my future, so be it. I only want want HE desires (that's not easy to say by the way). If HE only wants me to serve HIM at home for the remainder of my life, that's fine by me. If HE wants me to go to school in the future, so be it. I'm going on faith, and as it says in Hebrews 11:6, without faith it is impossible to please GOD. :D

So I spend my days preparing for either marriage or serving singlehood. When I can I read many books on various subjects. I love to study science, history, scriptures, maybe math when I feel like subjecting myself to torture. :P I also pursue subjects that I find just fun to explore. (ex. sewing and marine biology)

With my decision being in my past, I would like to now take the opportunity to tell you the plans I have for my future. While I can't see into the future, for only my Saviour knows that, I can make plans that I believe would please HIM.

So, where do I see myself in 5 years. If I'm really blessed I will have been married to my prince, and living somewhat happily ever after. ;) If not, I would like to maybe start a business of my own, that would allow me to stay under the protection of my father. But at the same time help me to support myself.

I am hoping to take a class they hold at the community college on starting your own business. I would maybe like to get into raising and selling hogs, or maybe sell some of my sewing and other handiwork. Whatever it is, I will now be able to save myself alot of heartache and trouble by simply say "I Will" to GOD. :)

17The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

19He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

20The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

21My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever. Psalm 145: 17-21


If you have any more questions, or concerns about my story let me know. I would love to address them! :D

Also, if you feel the LORD leading you to life as a stay at home daughter, check out Ladies Against Feminism. They have some excellent articles, and commentaries on the subject, and they all base them on Scripture. :)

Have a wonderful day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

Side Note: I am not putting down anyone that chooses a career over being a stay at home daughter. GOD works differently in each of our lives. What is right and HIS will for me, may not be right for you. Do what HE commands of you first, not what man says. Also, I am not saying it is necessarily wrong for a woman to work while married. Some women have to work to survive. And that is a good thing in my opinion. What I do not agree with is women, getting married, having kids, then putting them in day care or what not, just because they are bored with home life, or are seeking their own self desires. That's selfishness, and unbiblical in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I missed this installment - and it's the best one yet! :-P

    I really hope that soon I can have peace in where I am, too. I know it won't be stay-at-home daughterhood, but it will be where God wants me; and that's enough for me. :-) Hopefully soon I'll "land" someplace and have that on-the-right-track peace.

    Thank you so much for sharing your journey! It was very inspiring and comforting to me!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)