Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Journey to HIS Will

The best way to know GOD's will, is to say "I Will" to GOD~ Author Unknown


What a powerful saying that is. To know GOD's will for your life, sometimes the best thing to do is to just say "I Will" to GOD. I was brought down quite a road, before I finally took this advice, and said "yes" to my LORD.

Vicki over at Give Me Jesus asked me to share how I came to the decision of becoming a 'stay at home daughter. What a great request this was, for I have been wanting to post on this for quite some time. But being the huge procrastinator/ADD person that I am, I have not had the gumption or focus to take on the challenge. So, this is just the request I needed to take this subject fully head on. :D

Word of Caution: Before I move to my story, I want to warn you and inform you. My warning is for the fact this post will more than likely be overwhelmingly long(maybe even divided into two, but please stay and read! It has a great ending). My informing you is that the descion, in my opinion, to be a stay at home daughter can only come after much prayer, and reading of the Holy Scriptures. I could never in my life say this a decision that every young woman should make. While it is right for me, GOD works differently in each of our lives, guiding each of our steps, in the direction HE would have us go.

My story begins in the fall of 2007, the semester before I graduated high school. It was a pretty rough year for me to say the least. As every person that graduates high school knows, the year that you graduate can be, as was for me, a year slam full of unanswered questions about my future. It was a year full of uncertainty and confusion. I was working at a local restaurant as a waitress, and could not see past that job in my life.

During this time, I was mentally and emotionally unstable. I worried CONSTANTLY about my future. I wondered "Do I go to college?", "Do I get a better full time job?", "How do I pay for college if I go?". When I was not wondering, I was usually crying and feeling sorry for myself.

I look back now and see also how hard a heart I had. I had a bit of a problem with rebellion towards authority, as well as selfishness. Going back in time to those memories, I am shamed to tears at the attitude I showed toward my parents. But I am daily reminded that the LORD was mercifully, right there beside me, even in my attitude, gently leading me back to HIM.

The new year came, along with the time of graduation drawing near. I pretty much continued the same way, worrying and crying, focusing solely upon myself. In March of that year however, my mom approached me and told me the sort of attitude she saw in me. She lovingly told me, that if my heart did not change for the LORD soon, I was going to be in a world of trouble. I listened carefully to her words, and began to realize, that my attitude was indeed wrong, and needed to change. While I still held on to my selfishness, the LORD began to soften my heart to HIS word, and into HIS submission.

While my attitude of selfishness and bitterness, did not vanish overnight, it had mellowed out to a degree. Slowly but surely, the LORD worked on my attitude, and I ( notice the word "I") had decided that instead of going to college the next year, I would work full time at the restaurant, saving money to go to school later on.

Graduation came and went. So began that question one that graduates from school gets so often, "What are you going to do now?". I simply smiled and told them of my decision to work, and go to school next year. And most of the time, it satisfied them. All the while, I was still struggling with that decision about school.

At this time, my mom, once again, with the way she can see straight into me, saw that I was indeed struggling with the thought of working full time, and going to college. She knew that I truly had no desire to go school, for I really saw no point in going if I had no clue what in the world I wanted to major in. She told me that she thought that I needed to spend more time in GOD's word, sitting at the feet of Jesus, asking and seeking HIS will for my life. It meant not trying to decide what I wanted to do, but what the LORD wanted me to do. It meant spending alot of time reading scriptures, praying, and studying to know what he desired for my life.

I began to feel the tugging of my Savior at my heart, tellling me this was indeed what HE wanted for me to do. I finally said yes, to what seemed as GOD's will in my life. And I began my long journey, in learning to be content, controlling my bitterness, and beginning to finally seek HIS guidance in my life.

Well, I better get off of here for now. I've got some work to take care of this afternoon, and its calling my name. ;)

I hope to have the second part to this post up by tomorrow. I hope you will join me for the rest of the story! :D

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. God is so good to us! Very encouraging!I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Angel! I can't wait to hear the rest, either!! :-D

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)