Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Blog Party

Photobucket


Wow am I doing good or what? Two posts in one day! That's pretty amazing for me. ;) I have been seeing these posts for the 'Spring Blog Party' all along the board of late, and I was planning on doing mine later this week. But... I just read the deadline is midnight tonight. So, I've just gone ahead and finished my last post and headed on to this one. ( I have to admit, I LOVE doing and reading these sort of posts. It's a great way for us in the blog world (and friends and family) to get to know one another better.

How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right? Reserved is one word. And most would have to agree to this. It can be difficult for me at times to talk with people, and to let them know my true feelings. But praise the LORD! HE is daily helping me overcome this area! :D

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life? Hmmm. Not so sure that I would feel that way about anyone alive today. But if I lived about 50 or 60 years ago, I would have to name Lucile Ball, Clark Gable, Glenn Miller, or pretty much anyone from that era. :)

Who is your favorite blogger? Why?Ooo... That's a toughie. I love reading many blogs. Some that I read more often are Give Me Jesus, True Femininity, Uniquely Fashioned For His Glory, and Where the Green Grass Grows. All of these blogs are about young women around my age, striving to serve the LORD, in what ever avenue they have been directed in. They are all encouraging, beautiful writers. :)

What is your comfort food/drink? Food- Depends on my mood. Sometimes it can be Frito's corn chips, other times, it a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream, drowned in Smuckers caramel. :D Drink-Sun-Drop baby. Nothing get me more ready for a busy day than a tall, cold glass of the caffeine packed beverage. :D



Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself. Okay. I am going to very brave, and tell everyone something, that only my family has known about. I talk to (not complete conversations or anything) my chickens. No, I am not a crazy old maid that has no one else to talk to, it's just chickens are such wonderful listeners, and they always have something to tell you back. ;)



Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it? I would really love to learn to dive. the main reason, is I would love more than anything to go diving with sharks. :D Once again folks, no I am not crazy, just an interesting specimen. ;)

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres? Once again, this is one of those things that depend on my mood. I love action movies, with a bit of comedy, and a light love story. (ex. National Treasures is one of my favorites) But I also love a good documentary at times. :)

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material? I love fiction. Some of my favorite authors are Jayne Austin, Lynn Austin, Tracie Peterson, and Tim LaHaye. But I love a great biography on my favorite heroes of the faith. :)

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types? My first favorite time of music are hymns. Those good old fashioned ones. I also love jazz, Disney, classical, Celtic, or any song with a great story. :)

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money? Help my parents buy the house of their dreams first. Then I would go buy myself a brand new Jeep Rubicon, customize it, jump in and take it for the ride of my life. :D



Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul). Sunsets with all the shadows in the woods, and the only thing I can do is walk and soak it in. :)

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go? Some where quiet and secluded, where we can have a log cabin in the middle of 500 acres (a bit much I know), and just enjoy the silence and beauty of GOD's marvelous creation. :)



What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift). Well, I do seem to have a knack for cooking desserts. I've had very few complaints in that area. ;)

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of? That wonderful salty air at the ocean, or the pine trees all around us. :)

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less? Usually more. I'm pretty quiet most of the time, and when I do talk, I have a tendency to ramble. So I guess it could be both after all. ;)

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in? Bass Pro Shops, Anthropologie, Belks, Banana Republic, Cabellas...

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia? I have two. Spiders and blood. The very thought of spiders make my skin crawl, and make me want to check under my chair in case. And the sight, thought, of blood, especially having it drawn make me feel faint. :P

What is your greatest accomplishment? Being able to get up in front of a group of people and giving a report, or what not and not almost passing out from nervousness. :P

What are your favorite animals? Sharks, chickens, dogs, whales, penguins... ;)



Are you a hopeless romantic? I could say yes, but in my book, there is always hope... ;)

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. How did you do that so fast?? It took me about three days to write all that! Maybe I thought about it too much ... :-D

    I finally remembered to ask my mom if I can use her HSB account to get those blog button instructions from you - I'll send you a message from her account tonight or tomorrow, and you can reply at your convenience. :-) I really appreciate your willingness to help!

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)