Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Rag Quilt

If you have been reading my blog since the beginning of the year, you will know that one of my resolutions was to complete at least one sewing project a month. And so far I have completed one for February and March, and I am now in the process of planning out Aprils.

March's project was my camo skirt, and February's was a rag quilt for a friend that had a baby in March. Well, last night that friend gave me a call thanked me for the quilt, and what not.

After I got off the phone, I suddenly realized that I have been planning on sharing with all of you out there that quilt, and even stated so in an earlier post. :O So, I thought today would be a great day to share with you that project, finally... ;)

So here it is...

Front...



Back...



I wasn't sure of the colors to use when I went to the fabric store. So I just looked around in the nursery department for awhile, and came across this really cute puppy print. I thought it was really cute, and just built the rest of the pattern and colors around it. :D











Unfortunately I had to send it in the mail, and was not able to wrap it up all prettily. :( But I was able to wrap a ribbon around it, and pack it in matching tissue paper... :D



Of course there was a little card to match... :)



What a joy it was to be able to sew a gift like this, and use what resources the LORD has blessed me with. A blessing indeed. :D

Well, I better get off here. Daddy just got home, and I need to ask his advice in helping me plan out my first ever, personal flower garden. :D I get to head out early tommorow to get the plants and all for it. So I'm pretty excited about that. :D

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments:

  1. Angel, The quilt is beautiful. Great Job. I need to finish a UFO a month. :) Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is too cute! And the green ribbon tied around it just really sets it off!
    You did a great job on it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SOOOO beautiful. You friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt!!!! I've always wanted to make one but my sewin gmachine seems to loathe me 9 times out of 10. ;) LOL This is a perfect idea for my god-son's 1st birthday to keep in the back of my mind. Great job! And your wonderful day post above sounded lovely. Don't you just love when God meets us so abundantly even in the little things? :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)