Friday, April 15, 2011

Random Friday's, Quote Extravaganza



I love quotes. I love funny quotes, inspirational quotes, and everything in between. They are one of my favorite things to search the web for when I have spare time.

So, for "Random Friday" I thought I would share with you some of my favorite quotes, and some that I have just recently discovered. I hope you enjoy. :D

"Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything." -Mary Hemingway

"Never let your schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

“Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my goodness....I could be eating a slow learner.” -Lynda Montgomery

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" -Winston Churchill

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein quotes

"It's not about being who everyone else wants you to be. It's about being yourself and finding someone who loves every bit of it."

"To be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid."

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis

"The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to be much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better and a lot bigger." — Elisabeth Elliot

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have time." -Steven Wright

Flynn Rider: "You were my new dream."
Rapunzel: [crying] "And you were mine" -Tangled

"A real woman,understands that man was created to be the initiator, and she operates on that premise. This is primarily a matter of attitude. I am convinced that the woman who understands and accepts with gladness the difference between masculine and feminine will be, without pretense or self-consciousness, womanly..." - Elisabeth Elliot

"Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality. " — Beatrix Potter

“Simplify, simplify.” -Henry David Thoreau

"Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film."

“Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.” -Dwight David Eisenhower

I hope you enjoyed these quotes! I sure had fun looking them up. :D

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angel! Thank you so much for the comment! I needed it! This situation just really upset me and I prayed about it after talking with my friends and my pastor's wife, and God gave me this sweet peace about it and I felt so much better! But after I posted last night, I thought, "Lord, I hope that wasn't too much!" But your comment just really encouraged me!! So thank you! :)
    And I loved reading your quotes! I liked all of them, but I think the ones by Elisabeth Elliot and the one from Tangled were my favorites! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, these are great! I might come back and swipe some of these for later, as yet unforeseen, timely moments ... :-D :-D :-D

    Your baby blanket was just lovely, too! I'm sure your friend must have been delighted!!

    Boy, I've been having a hard time with this only-once-a-week blogging ... I feel like a thirsty man guzzling water by the time I finally get to check in on Saturday and read everybody's posts!! It's so good to get to check in with you!

    If you have time, you should swing by my blog and try your hand at my movie quiz ... I only have one contestant so far, and it would be fun to have some competition. ;-)

    Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)