Friday, April 1, 2011

Random Fridays, Walton's and Christy Style

Alrighty, it has been almost three weeks since I have had a "Random Ramblings Friday" post. Boy can I tell that when coming up with my post ideas! I have had so many things come to my mind, and some of them have been the most off the wall topics. :) So today my dear readers, I will not only entertain you, but also help get some of my random thoughts off the brain.

I have had so many thoughts and idea come up today, that I have had a bit of a difficult time in deciding which one to do. I have been darting from one topic to the other like crazy. So to help me decide, I asked my dear little sis which one she thought would be a good idea.

Unfortunately none of my poor little ideas were worth entertaining, ;) so she so graciously suggested one for me, my favorite television shows!

While you may not care one whit about what I enjoy watching in my down time, I do like to share these shows to ya'll. Some people enjoy watching television, but can not find anything worth watching these days. So by sharing with you my two favorite shows, I may give you an idea on something worthwhile and decent to watch. So here they are. :D

CBS's 1994 version of Catherine Marshall's beloved classic novel "Christy"





Oh there is just so much to say about this show. The heartwarming tale of a young woman from Asheville, North Carolina, that gives of her time to teach the mountain people of Tennessee, was introduced to me by my mom when I was 14. I instantly fell in love with the mountain families of the show, the spirit and determination of Christy, and the romance between her an Doctor McNeil. (David never had a chance in my brain folks :P) I have watched this series countless times, and love each and every time I revisit them.

Here's one of my favorite clips from the show. It's the first 10 minutes of the pilot episode...



My other favorite show, I have been enjoying pretty much all my life. It's that wonderful show that began with a Christmas specail in 1971.

The Walton's




Oh, for as long as I can remember, my family have enjoyed many countless visits with this dear family. My mom started a tradition with me when she first started homeschooling me. Everyday for our lunch break we would sit down and enjoy an episode together. What wonderful memories that brings back.

Here's the first 10 minutes of one of my favorite episodes...



What are all of ya'lls favorite shows? Are they one of these two?

Well, I better get going now. I am supposed to go help with changing out the flowers at church this evening, and I have to take care of a few things before then. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)