Thursday, April 28, 2011

Through the Storms...



11Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

12Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

13Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name. ~ 1 Chronicles 29:11-13


I am just so thankful to my LORD and Saviour today. Words can not express my deep thanks and awe at the greatness of my LORD!

We had some pretty rough weather pass over us today. It was the same system that hit the deep south yesterday. While it did not have the same effect on our own community, it was none the less very frightening.

All afternoon our eyes and ears were glued to the local news channel, as well as the sky. We kept hearing reports of funnel clouds all around, and we even know of at least two touch downs, not more than 10 miles from our house in one direction, and much the same the other.

But the LORD was great, and no lives or very serious injuries are reported.

But even though I am thankful this evening, my heart goes out to those in Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, and many other states that have fared much worse. With 250 lives lost at last count, and total destruction of communities, and even cities, my heart aches for them.

We do not know why such devastation is allowed. Only GOD knows why, and HE is indeed at work in situations such as these.

For those in the devastated areas, know that we are praying for you. I pray that the LORD gives you strength in your loss, and will help you to draw ever closer to HIM in the trying days ahead.

The whip poor will is singing its haunting, yet beautiful song, the crickets are chirping, the stars are beginning to appear, and again I am reminded of how precious life truly is. Help me LORD to not take for granted my life, and all you have blessed me with, especially safety in the storm.

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your seeing the silver lining in the storm clouds so well! God Bless you!

    BTW, would you like to do a blog link exchange?

    Blessings,
    Mary

    http://lundkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you all day, Angel, hoping that you were okay ... I'm so glad that you and your family are safe. My heart really goes out to the victims of the devastation - so far this year has been horrible for disasters. I pray they would stop for a while, so we can help the people of the South and the people of Japan to rebuild!

    Stay safe, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are okay. I cannot believe the devastation of peoples in the US...praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel, I did a lot of praying today. God Bless.
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)