Friday, April 22, 2011

A Wonderful Good Friday

Good day friends and family! I pray that you have all had a wonderful Good Friday. It's been quite a bit gray here in my part of NC with rain and all. But that's okay. We especially need rain right now for all the newly planted crops. So a gray and rainy day was a blessing indeed! :D

Thanks so much for all the prayers for me this week. I am feeling much better now, thanks to the comforting grace of my LORD and Saviour, and the most awesome, and understanding family ever! :D

Like I said in my post yesterday, I took a HUGE step of faith in my life Wednesday. By doing what I believe the LORD laid on my heart, I was suddenly aware by doing so, I could lose something. But what I did was in obedience to the LORD, and it needed to be brought out. It's not been easy though, to say the least...

There have been alot of tears shed, many worries and fears brought out, and a TON of prayers sent up. ;) But all praise and glory goes to the LORD for HIS goodness and mercy. I feel such a wonderful peace within now, that can only have come from my Saviour. HE is at work in this situation, all I have to do now is trust HIM. What a wonderful time it has been to draw ever so closer to my LORD and Saviour! :)

And about my awesome family in this situation! They have been a most wonderful and HUGE blessing!

With me feeling so blue and gloomy yesterday morning, my mom and the rest were especially worried. They gave me three wonderful gifts to cheer me up. They left me home to enjoy some quiet alone time while they ran some errands, and two new chicks! :D

When my family returned home yesterday, my mom asked me to go outside right away and look in the front seat of the car. There in the front seat was a box with two precious feather legged bantam babies, no more than 3 or 4 days old! :D

Oh, how joyful I was to see those two little lives! Something sweet and precious to make me smile in my time of uncertainty. They are now safe and warm, giving me plenty of smiles while sleeping and making their contented little peeps right in my room. :)

Today was a good day. I had to work at my neighbors farm. I washed and gathered the eggs, and fed and watered all the chickens. It was quite a welcome break from all the weeding we have been doing this week. Don't get me wrong now, I love every aspect of farming, even weeding. It's just nice to spend a day every now and then with just the animals. :)

Well I better get off here. It's getting pretty late. But guess what? I get to sleep in tomorrow! WOO-HOO!!! I may sleep till 9 or even 10 if my little ones don't wake me informing me they want to be held or are hungry... ;)

But before I leave, here is a song that is perfect for this Good Friday. It truly makes you remember the reason for the day.



Have a wonderful evening everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better today, Angel! I hope to see pictures of your chicks soon!! :-D

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)