Friday, May 20, 2011

Feel Funny In Skirts?



Forgive me if I'm not totally clear on my thoughts and views in this post. This subject has been on my mind quite a bit of late, and I am hoping that by sharing them on here, I can organize them a little better. ;) So, onto the subject at hand!

I was on Facebook recently, and noticed an update on there. One of my friends have sort of been giving random facts about themselves daily. Well, that day her "random fact" was that she secretly loved to wear dresses and skirts, but was too self conscious to wear them, other than at church.

This may sound completely odd, and not particularly important to you, but it was to me. That was not the first time I have heard that statement made from a young lady. I have heard several others make similar statements on many occasions, and have myself felt this way. Boy, does it really bother me.

I guess the reason those statements bother me so much is the very fact that society does seem to look at a woman who tries to look feminine by wearing a traditionally feminine garment, otherwise known as a skirt, oddly.

Now I'm not saying everyone in society does, just most. I can't tell you how many times I get looked at oddly when I wear a skirt to anywhere but church. Even my mom, who by much prayer has decided to only wear skirts now, has gotten questions about why!

I personally enjoy wearing skirts and dressing up like a lady. Because I spend so much time around my house looking downright rough, due to weeding and other farm chores, I relish the idea of getting to look "girly". When I do get the opportunity to look nice, I snatch it go all out with it. :D

I guess the point I am trying to drive home is that there is nothing wrong with wearing skirts girls. Look like the woman GOD created you to be! You should not let the fear of what people say and think dictate your actions in the way you dress. There is not one thing wrong in this world with wearng a skirt or dress outside of chucrh! That's somthing that I constantly need to remind myself...

As long as what you are wearing is modest, and can honestly reflect the goodness of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, there is nothing wrong with wearing a skirt.

I want to make another point here too. I am not saying it is wrong to for women to wear pants. I personally LOVE my blue jeans when I am in a mood to be comfortable, especially when doing farm chores. ;) Just don't make yourself look like a guy in them. Cross dressing is in complete disobedience to the word of GOD. Here are some verses that state that clearly...

"A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on woman's garments, for all who do are an abomination to the Lord." -Deuteronomy 22:4

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works." - I Timothy 2:9-10


So girls, let's look like the ladies GOD created us to be. Either by wearing a skirt while out on the town, or dressing up a pair of jeans down on the farm, ;) let us do everything, even our dress, for the honor and glory of GOD! :D

So, what are your thoughts on this subject? I know my thoughts here may have seemed a bit jumbled. So, is there anything here that you have an issue with? Or maybe you have some other thoughts on skirt wearing. I would love to hear them! :D

Have a wonderful day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)