Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Little Things...

Wow! What a week it has been! I've barely had time to catch my breath. Let's see, I have been at my neighbor's everyday taking care of the usual chores over there. Loved that, except for when I found myself up to my elbows in a ghastly concoction of what I call "chicken juice" ( a mix of water to chill them following slaughter, and whatever bodily fluids that are left) yesterday while packaging Thursdays slaughter. '_'


Then it was back to getting in the groove of working with the 3 year olds at my church's Christian school, following spring break last week. We have now officially started practice for the fastly approaching end of the year program. Keeping their attention through the practice has been somewhat of a challenge though. But, thank the LORD, we're getting there. :D


Oh yeah! I woke up at 6 am yesterday to help my dad keep the cow under control while the vet AI'ed her. It was way too early to be dealing with that cows attitude... ;)


But, praise the LORD for the little moments to be enjoyed this past week. Let me show you...


A walk down our dirt road at sunset...




Time spent taking in the beauty of my little garden...




Seeing how well the sunflowers in my garden are growing...




This was supposed to be a nice self portrait with Kaia. But as soon as I pushed the button, she wanted a kiss, and then decided to take all of her 30 pounds and knock me straight on my back. I still love her anyway... :D



I went shopping yesterday afternoon with my mom at some antique shops. I found these things to add to my hope chest. ;)













I ask the cow to smile for the camera, and look what she does. Typical child...



Here are my little smiles, that have recently been renamed. After a few days, I quickly realized that "Chantal", has some very roosterly characteristics. ;) So I have renamed both chicks Neil and Christy, from my fave book/show of course! :D





Awwww... ;)



There is nothing quite like spending time in GOD's wonderful creation to refresh yourself after a crazy busy week. :)



Thank you LORD for all of your blessings on me. Help me to remember these blessings, even the small fleeting moments, when things get crazy in this wonderful life you have blessed me with!



So, how has ya'lls week been? I pray it's been amazing for you!



Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!



Angel

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week for sure. Loved ALL the photos. Your garden is looking wonderful too.

    We have been so busy with having our first grandchild...and now Mother's Day prep's.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Kaia giving you a kiss, so sweet!

    Blestmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busily, joyfully productive week for you. :) Thank you for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you DID have a busy week! Good for you! I was busy taking the last of my finals - whoopee! (Although that math test did end up being even worse than I thought it would be ...)

    Neil/Chantal, Christy, and Kaia are just way too cute for words!! Kaia reminds me so much of our beloved dog we had growing up ... she was part black lab, part border collie, part something else; and she was so smart and gentle. Kaia looks like she's a lot of fun! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)