Saturday, May 21, 2011

Selfishness, Turned Into A Blessing...



Who knew? Who knew that my somewhat selfish ambition, has turned out to be a blessing to another? I didn't, that's for sure.

Last evening, me and my mom decided to sit outside, and just enjoy the beauty of the twilight. We were sitting in the backyard, listening to the crickets, and chit chatting the time away.

I told her how thrilled I was at how my little flower garden has turned out with all the brightly colored blossoms, and how incredibly large my sunflowers are getting. Then she remarked about how wonderful a location I had placed my blooms.

She said that she loved how it broke up the somewhat dull scenery between the cow pen and broccoli patch. She said she loves getting up in the morning and looking out her window, and seeing such wonderful colors in the landscape.



I began to think about her statement and was like wow! I had planted this garden for myself, in attempts to satisfy my "domestic longings", and here my mom was telling me she found it to be a blessing in her day. :D



It just amazes me how the LORD can use my somewhat selfish ambitions, for HIS glory, by blessing others. I have no clue why HE does, but I am ever thankful to HIM for doing so. Aren't you? :)

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. I love your flower garden. The flowers are blooming nicely. God Bless. Dorinda

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)