Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trust and Obey



Wow! Wow oh wow! Isn't GOD so wonderful! He created this wonderful and beautiful world, with all the many mysteries and wonders. HE has set the world in motion with HIS infinite knowledge, and yet HE still takes the time to work on my poor, little pathetic life. I stand amazed in HIS presence, and am most thankful for how HE does work in my life. I am so completely and totally unworthy of how HE does work in my life.

I have seen HIS hand at work in my life especially these past few months. Not only have I seen HIS hand, but I have felt HIM teaching me some lessons as well. One of those lessons I have been learning is trust.

I guess it all stared about a month or so ago, with a conversation at the camp I work at occasionally. Something was mentioned that got my dander up, so to speak. It made me angry, and almost viscous. What was mentioned could completely and totally mess up something that I really want!

Well, that night I went home and told my mom all about it, and she told me not to worry, but to put it in the LORD's hand. I thought I had done that, until later in the evening when I went to bed and the wheels started to turn...

I was so upset. I couldn't sleep. So I prayed, cried, and prayed, and cried some more. After awhile I finally went to sleep. Then all of a sudden, around 4 or so that morning, I woke up with a start. Now, don't think I'm crazy when I say this, but all of a sudden, I heard the word trust. Then I felt this amazing sense of peace wash over me. So much peace that I went to sleep with no problem whatsoever. (very odd for someone who normally takes about 30 minutes or more to go back to sleep after waking up like that...) Remembering that, and I'm like, wow.

The next day I went to camp, and didn't think much of my early morning thought. Then that subject got brought up, again. The wheels started to turn, and I thought for sure the tears were going to start flowing right there in the kitchen. I thought LORD, please give me strength to bear this.

So I went to wash dishes, and BAM! That word popped up in my head again. Trust. I finally said, LORD, you have me, I will trust you, whatever happens in this situation, I want it to be your will not my own. If you don't want it for me, so be it.

But it's not been easy to say the least. There have still been quite a few worrisome nights, filled with many tears and prayers. But over and over I have seen and felt HIS reassuring words.

Like how the song Trust and Obey was played one Wednesday night before church. It was also the same Wednesday I took that step of faith I spoke of in this post. I was about to burst into tears for this situation, and this song was played.

It's also been in my devotionals as well. I opened up my Bible and chose a random Psalm as I do from time to time, and it happened to be Psalm 37:3-7a.

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:


My friend that I mention so often came up a few weeks ago, and she asked about the situation. She said don't worry. Just trust and wait. :)

Then the pastor brought up in HIS message Sunday, about how Ruth trusted her mother in law, as far as what she was told to do concerning Boaz. Then another statement was made in that sermon, about trust, that just hit me in the head, and I knew GOD was speaking directly to me.

And once again, while I have been worrying last night (oh ye of little faith), I finished up my second time reading Josh Harris' book "Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello To Courtship" last night. And in the final chapter, he speaks of trusting GOD in your life, no matter how bleak your circumstances in life are. How that statement just stuck to me.

I have to say, by seeing all of these instances in my life. I know that without a shadow of a doubt, GOD is at work in this situation. Whatever happens, it's HIS will, and I will continue to trust in HIS goodness and infinite wisdom. It's not going to be easy, but then, nothing ever worth while in this world comes easy.

I do know that I am thankful for how HE continues to work in my life. As I said before, I have no clue why HE puts up with me. I am so unworthy of that magnificent grace HE bestows upon me daily. All I can do is accept it, and continue by striving to trust HIM. :)

Oh, dear, this was a really long post. Way longer than I expected it to be. ;) Oh well... But I pray it was a blessing to you. :D

Have a wonderful evening everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the Lord is showing Himself strong on your behalf, Angel! Trusting Him is so hard to do (sadly, I do speak from experience), but it ALWAYS is rewarded in the end!!

    Praise the Lord for His goodness to you, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!
    "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word, Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, thus saith the Lord.."
    Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)