Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In My Garden...

Aren't gardens amazing? I mean, you take a tiny thing called a seed, you place that seed in a hole in the ground, put some water on it, and if all the conditions are right, a plant will peep forth within days. It's a pretty extraordinary process, that only the GOD of the universe could set in motion. :)

I planted myself a little garden this past April. And to my great surprise, it has actually lived! With a bit of time, effort and prayer, I have a beautiful little area bursting in color. :D Here is how it has turned out...

Spreading the soil within the border...




A trip to the local plant nursery...




A bit of planning...




And voila! My flowers are in the ground.




After loads of sun, water, bloom pinching, this is the result today...





















In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban

Thank-you LORD for allowing me the time and resources for this garden. It has certainly been a blessing to me and my family. I pray it will be a blessing for others as well.

How about ya'll out there? Do you have a garden, or just some potted plants you love to admire?

Have a wonderful day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

5 comments:

  1. Hello Angel,
    You did a great job on your flower garden, it is so beautiful! I agree God is amazing, how He takes a seed and turns it into a masterpiece!
    I too blogged about our garden today:)
    Hope you are having a wonderful night!

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is quite lovely Angel. I've been wanting to plant a little garden myself. But the dirt in my front yard is so hard to dig, so I guess I'll wait till it rains and it'll be softer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it looks really beautiful. My girls' flowers are doing nice too. Dd(15) has morning glories and dd(13) wants to plant some marigolds. Dd's morning glories are beautiful when they open up first thing in the morning....plus the butterflies love them. It's amazing what beauty can come from a little seed!

    Blestmom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers look beautiful! As my mom said, I have some morning glories I planted a few years ago. They bloom so nicely every year.

    Catlover

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)