Sunday, June 12, 2011

The LORD's Leading, Discovering, Serving, Squealing Too!



Have you ever just felt the LORD's leading in your life. You know that HE is leading you to do something for HIM and you can't help but get overly bubbly and excited about that? I have felt just like that today and let me tell you how amazing it is is!

I have been praying for quite awhile for the LORD to bring into my life more opportunities for service. With me not working in a ministry oriented environment this summer(as I have in the Christian camp over the past two summers), my need and desire to do so has grown even more. I have especially found this desire to serve more after hearing several messages from our pastor of late. And I have been racking my brain like crazy, trying to figure out what I can do!

I have also been discovering that I have reached a point in my life that I am an influence on younger girls in my life! It has been an exciting and yet somewhat scary discovery on my part. '_'.

With that discovery I have been trying to talk with the younger girls at my church and beyond, and to encourage them. I've had some interesting conversations (as any conversation with a wired 14 year old girl is...), and some enlightening ones as well.

I say all that to say that I believe the LORD would have me to use what time I have to help encourage these girls, and even organize time for them to do so.

So many of the girls that I know don't have an opportunity for fellowship and activity with other girls their age.

I would LOVE to get all these girls (in my church and beyond) together for a time of fellowship and fun. A time of food, games, and even a Bible study. I want it to be a time for these girls to cultivate new friendships in a godly environment, and also a time to grow in HIM.

I would even love to eventually host a sort of sewing circle with some of the girls, and ladies too, as a sort of ministry. There are a ton of ways to serve in sewing by making hats for chemo patients, or blankets for premies! The possibilities are endless!

I am so excited I can't just help but praise the LORD and squeal at the same time! :D

But, this is a sobering thought as well. I want to be used of the LORD. I want to be HIS instrument. I want what I do to be looked at, and for it to be seen as love for GOD, and not myself. :) That would be one of the most amazing things I could do for my LORD! This thought will most defiantly be in my prayers this week. :)

I don't know how I will ever sleep tonite with how excited I am! LORD you are so amazing! :D I got home from church so giddy I just had to sit down right away and share my plans with you dear folks. :D

Also, do any of you out there have a ministry such as this? If you do, what are some activities you do? I would LOVE to hear them! :D

I better get off of here. There is a line waiting for me to be done... ;)

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. That is really amazing and wonderful, Angel! You really have been blessed with a remarkable opportunity here! I will pray for you as you work on getting this group together! :-)

    I've never had a ministry group, unfortunately, so I don't have any experiences for you ... the only idea I have is that you might find the Keepers at Home clubs' resources helpful. The clubs are achievement-oriented, kind of like the Girl Scouts of homemaking, but you wouldn't have to make your group this way. The handbooks by themselves are great resources for teaching and learning homemaking skills.

    Do keep us posted on your progress!! :-D

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that Angel. I thought I would be dedicating my time to people at the hospital this summer but I believe the LORD had other plans for me, because I was told that I had to fourteen to volunteer. I didn't let it get me down, I know that He is guiding my path and will show me where I can be of some help this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)