Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Hearts Prayer



Vicki over at But Give Me Jesus shared this wonderful poem this morning. I asked her permission, and she so graciously has allowed me to share it with you, my dear readers. :D It was such a blessing to me, expressing my hearts deepest prayer. I pray that is a blessing to you as well.

So here it is...


Wishes


A. C. Child

Some may wish for city streets, jewels or silken gown;
Some may crave unbounded wealth, fame or beauty's crown;
Some may long for sunny paths that lure the pleasure bent -
But simpler things by far than these would keep my soul content:

A bit of God's green country, with blue sky overhead;
A tiny shack, white curtained; on the sill a posy red:
A laughing chubby baby, playing inside on the floor,
And a little flower garden, growing near the open door.

A table set for supper, fresh fruit and honeycomb
Little breezes whispering "your man's a comin' home"
Simple things, with love and faith - far from worldly strife;
God granting these, before I die, I'd ask no more of life.



Simply beautiful. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)