Monday, June 27, 2011

Working On The Farm



You know, I used to despise Mondays? I mean, it was the first day back to work when I worked at our local Christian camp. And like most of you can testify to, it is so hard to get going after you have had two days of nothing but rest. ;) Not anymore! Since I have stared working at my neighbor's, Monday is one of the days that I have off. So Mondays have quickly become one of my favorite days of the week! :D

So, life has been pretty busy for me of late. I worked on my neighbor's farm just about everyday last week. We planted about 2,000 sweet potato plants (by hand), weeded about 3/4 acre of okra (by hand), weeded around and about 200 squash plants (by hand), planted another 150 squash plants (by hand), weeded another half acre of okra (by hand), and then it was onto the regular work of feeding and watering chickens, gathering and washing eggs, and then picking and washing the vegetables for market. Whew! ;D

While it is alot of hard, hot work, I really don't mind it all that much. It's fantastic exercise, and about the fastest way I have found so far to lose weight! :P The only time it has really bothered me, is last week, when I was being incredibly foolish...

You see, I am the kind of person that once I get stared on a job, I don't want to stop. I want to keep going and going, until it's done. Well, dummy me did that last week while weeding in 90 degree, humidity saturated weather. To make it short I made myself sick! I started getting nauseous, dizzy, and the most horrible headache I can ever remember having. Thankfully the LORD was watching over me, and I didn't have a heat stroke or anything. I finished my work around one, went home, cleaned myself up, and crashed for the rest of the day. :)

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot to tell ya'll! I may get to start working at the farmer's market on Saturdays again! This was supposed to be my primary job to begin with, but some things came up that would not allow me to. But the lady I work for asked me if I would be interested in helping her with it again! I'm pretty excited about the possibility of more hours. And yes, my dear friends, working around people. ;)

Well, I better get off of here. Since I have a day off from my out of home job, I think I will spend the rest of this day working my primary, and most defiantly my favorite job. Being a stay at home daugter, helping my mom around the house. :D

So until next time, have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your work hours are working out well for you, Angel!! I have been praying for you to get the hours you need!

    Do try to take it easy out in that heat, though ... that can't be very good for you. ;-)

    I'll keep on praying for you!! Have a wonderful day off!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, agreed with Vicki. Do be careful Angel, heat stroke is very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you get to work at the farmer's market again! :) I'm so happy for you. It sounds like a fun job. Just don't forget to take breaks to drink lots of water (splashing water on the back of your neck helps keep you cool). Have a good day. God Bless. Dorinda

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)