Friday, July 15, 2011

"Random Friday", The Very Thought of You

Okay. So I know I haven't posted the best of reading material of late. I have a ton to say on some very important topics, but not exactly the time, or gumption to sit down and type it all out. :P But I promise, I will start to put up some more worthwhile material very soon. :D

But it is Friday folks, and it's time for some randomness, and fun. And what's a great way to be random, and unwind? A song of course! And I'm not talking about any old song mind you, I'm talking about a true blue classic swing/jazz number. A hit that appeared first in 1934, but has come back generation after generation, for all to enjoy.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ms. Billie Holiday's performance of that wonderful, classic, upbeat, sentimental, and what has become one of my favorite tunes ( I have even added it to my side bar permanently), The Very Thought of You...



The very thought of you and I forget to do
The little ordinary things that everyone ought to do
I'm living in a kind of daydream
I'm happy as a king
And foolish though it may seem
To me that's everything

The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love

(Intrumental)

The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love


Ahhh... Those were days when real songs, that the whole family could listen to, and enjoy, and not worry over inappropriate language, or morals. Yeap, those were the best days for fun, wholesome, family friendly music. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)