Saturday, July 30, 2011

Struggles For HIS Glory...

Picture a social event in your head. Not any particular one, just whatever comes to your mind. Maybe a sporting event, a church social, or game night with friends. It seems as if everyone is having a grand time. Lots of smiles, laughing, and light hearted banter. But wait just a moment. There's a girl over there. She's in a corner, or on the bench, just sitting. Smiling quietly, and not saying a word. You walk by without stopping to say hello, thinking all is fine. You don't think twice about who or what you just saw. You keep on with the crowd your with, and forget about it.

But this girl does not forget about it. She doesn't say a word though. She just sits there, praying with all of her heart that the LORD will give her courage. Courage to speak up, and be heard. Courage to not just sit there in the corner, alone. She also has another prayer. She wants someone to stop, take their time, and just talk with her. She longs for compassion. Not stares, or passerbys. Just a kind sentence to say, I care about you, enough to get to know you. The girl is shy.

Awhile back, I wrote a post on how I have struggled with shyness, and still continue to do so. I spoke on how wrong my shyness is in the fact that it is rooted deeply in fear of rejection, and a focus upon myself. But I want to share with you something the LORD has been showing me and my sister of late, in relation to shyness.

The first thing I want to do is praise the LORD in helping me overcome this fear over the past year. It is so amazing to me to see how the LORD has helped me to open up to people and not be so afraid of rejection. It just goes to show you, GOD truly cares about every aspect of our lives, and how absolutely awesome it is to know that he works on us poor pathetic beings, and loves us so incredibly much.

With the LORD working in this area of my life, the LORD has also been showing me a very important lesson. That is the lesson of recognition, and compassion on those around me that are shy as well.

Since I have been shy most of my life, I can easily recognize when someone around me is the same way. I truly believe with all of my heart that the LORD has made me shy for this purpose. To be able to notice those that do sit in the corner. The one that is struggling and praying so hard for the courage to be able join in. Because of that fact, I can be used to help them overcome their fear, or just be there to offer a kind word.

I've defiantly NOT thought this way my whole life though. I used to think it was a curse that could never be used for anything good. But alot of prayer, and the LORD speaking to me through HIS word has changed my attitude toward it.

It just blows me away to think that the LORD can use something I have thought of as a curse, to be used for HIS great honor and glory! To help those in need, and to show HIS amazing and all powerful love! I am so unworthy of that love. And I will never comprehend how and why the LORD does work in my life, or show the love that HE has for us. But wow, am I ever thankful for it! :D

So, my point is, whatever struggles you have in your life, know that GOD cares. HE is at work in the situation. I know how hard it is to believe at times. But rest in HIS love, and know HE can use this for HIS greater glory. It has taken me my entire life to understand how this issue good be used for good. But, I'll tell you, it was so worth waiting for. :)

So how can I relate this to becoming as the Proverbs 31 woman. Read this...

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. Proverbs 31:26

Have a wonderfully blessed day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. I feel as though sometimes I myself am the lonely girl in the corner. There have been times in my life when I felt like giving up. But I've prayed and God made things better! People noticed me. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)