Monday, July 18, 2011

Work, Mountains, VBS, and An Old Maid?



Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! The weather has been nothing short of beautiful here this past weekend. The temps have been in the mid to upper 80's, with bright and glorious sunshine. You should see the crystal blue sky we have had! A far cry from July's typical dreary haziness. :D

Well, life has been going fairly well of late around here. Not all that busy I'm sad to say. I have not been working at my neighbor's all that much. I was only there 3 days last week, washing eggs, and gathering the vegetables for market. I've not even been to the market in a while.

That topic is bit of a sore spot for me lately. I was told that I would keep up the busy schedule on the farm, that I started with, as well as working the farmer's market on Saturday. But lately my hours have been dwindling and dwindling ever more. :( The thing is, that my neighbor hired another girl, and has given her the hours that she promised to me. So, you can guess how much this is upsetting me (not to mention my parents as well...)

I try not to be bothered by it too much, but it is so hard not to be. I love working on the farm. It gives me the opportunity to work hard, and learn alot. It has also saved a ton of money on gas, since all I have to do is walk over there. And it has also given me more time than camp, to help my family around here. But, I know the LORD is at work in this situation. HE knows what is best. All I have to do is trust. :)

Guess what? I get to go on a mini vacation in about 18 days! Me and my dad will being going to visit his family in West Virginia for about three days. Words cannot express how excited I am about this. I have been wanting to go somewhere and do something different for the longest while now. It's going to be alot of fun to see my grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins galore! Not to mention the beautiful mountains to gaze at while riding there. :D

Our church will be holding VBS the first week in August. I am in charge of the crafts, which should be loads of fun. I have been trying to look up some ideas for them, which is alot of fun. By the way, if any of you have any ideas on crafts with an outer space theme, I would love to hear about them!

There is another up and coming event, that I am NOT looking forward to. It will be the day that I will officially be an old maid. My 21st birthday. (cringe) On August 14th, the only thing I want to do is dress in mourning garb, and hide in a corner, just as my chickens do when their molting. ;)

Well, I better get off of here. I will be planting about 2,000 collard plants this afternoon. I am hoping to be able to sell them myself this fall, and make a bit of extra money at it. So I'm looking forward to that. :D

Until next time my dear friends, have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments:

  1. Aww, Angel, Don't think like that! God has a plan for your life, don't think of yourself as an old maid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An outer-space VBS sounds like fun! Why don't you make paper-mache planets to hang from the ceiling? It's really the only idea I could come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey - I'm almost two years older than you, and I'm not an old maid yet!! :-D

    But seriously, I do know very much how you feel. I know so many girls who had been married for a couple of years by the time they reached my age. But twenty-one (in your case) and almost twenty-three (in mine) are still very, very young.

    You will be a wonderful wife whenever your Mr. Right comes along; and that's the most important thing right now. God is getting you ready for each other. It isn't time to give up yet!! :-)

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)