Friday, July 1, 2011

Your Pre-Tea Message...



To the four young ladies, here is your special pre-tea message...

You have received your invitations this week, and are now probably wondering why I asked you to log on today. I just have a few things I would like to share with you, to help you be better prepared for the day.

The first thing I want to say is how excited I am about this event. I am praying that you are as well. I want this day to be a special blessing in your lives. I want to get to know each of you better, and to serve you. I want this tea to be modeled after the teas that were held in days gone by. I want this to be a time of old fashioned fun, that is glorifying to the LORD.

Secondly, we will be holding a time of devotionals. The reason for that, is I want to see each of you girls growing in our LORD. And one of those ways is learning about HIM with others, and putting HIM first in everything. Our topic will be on the subject of service. In particular how serving others is serving our LORD and Savior. So, be thinking about that topic and ways you can serve the LORD by serving others.

Thirdly, I want you girls (if you have the time) to research the tradition of tea time. When was it brought about? What time of day is it typically held? What were some of the activities that were held during tea time? What was proper etiquette? And anything else you can uncover about the practice. (some of theses traditions you research will be infused into the day, so let's see if you notice them) But, have fun with your research! :D

Fourth, is usually what every girl worries about when it comes to a social event, what do you wear. Sunday apparel will be adequate for the day. If you have a hat, wear it! (hats are traditionally worn for tea time, or ribbon tied nicely about the hair) If you do not own a hat, that's fine too. Just have fun and look like the beautiful young women GOD has created you to be. :)

Fifth, since this tea is going to be held early, we will have a full lunch. I have the menu already planned out, and I hope you will enjoy it. You will have to wait until the day to find out what it is though. ;)

Well, my dear girls, I believe that about covers it. If you have any questions, you have my e-mail.

Oh! I am so excited about this for you ladies! We are going to have so much fun! :D I'll see you in a little over a week!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)