Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Return



Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! It's a bit of a sticky one here in southeastern North Carolina. We had quite a few rain storms pass by through the night, which has caused the humidity level to spike up to almost 95 %. I'm not complain mind you. I know that soon enough, the warm weather will fade away, and bring in plenty of chills and shivering. ;) Oh well...

Wow, what a busy week this has been. As I mentioned last week, I have started working at a local Christian camp, for their fall camping season. If you have been reading my blog for long, you will remember this as the same camp I worked at all last summer, and again into the fall. I decided not to work there again this past summer, because I just did not feel the LORD leading me to return there, but to spend the summer working on my neighbor's organic farm.

Well, I did that, but unfortunately did not receive the originally promised hours. You will also remember how upsetting that was for me. But, the LORD was gracious in this situation, and taught me to continue to fully trust in HIM for all my needs.

Back in early July, the lady in charge of the kitchen at the camp approached me and asked if I would be interested in helping with the fall season. I told her I would have to think and pray on it. Unfortunately I did not have the right attitude about returning at the time. And I really did not want to entertain the though of going back there...

I was also worried about how returning would affect my teaching K-3 at our church's Christian school. I also still had my given word of helping at neighbors. So, I really did not think my schedule could handle the extra work time.

But then the LORD began to change my heart. I realized that the time I have right now in my life as a stay at home daughter is not my own. It is to be used for helping anyone that needs it. Whether that's my family, or someone in the community.

The teaching job is only 2 half days a week. Then I realized that the only thing I will be doing since the crops are gone at my neighbors, is washing eggs. And that can be done directly after teaching, making it two full days of work. Which means that I have four extra days to my schedule. Why can't I work at the camp?

So I e-mailed the camp and told them I would be able to help out for the fall season. I would just need Tuesdays and Thursdays off for the school and egg washing. I was e-mailed shortly after saying that the two days off would be no problem. My help would be needed whenever I could give it, seeing as they are struggling finding help this fall.

So, this past week I started working there again. I will continue pretty much the same schedule until the second week in October. I can honestly say I have enjoyed it. The hours are long, and breaks are few and almost non-existent in between. I come home in the evening barely able to stand, and ready to fall flat on my face. But hey, it's an opportunity to serve the LORD to the best of my ability. And for that fact, the weariness is not all that bad. :D

Well, I'm going to to get off of here for now. Today is Saturday, and I have the day off. I think I may spend the day ,lounging around in my favorite camo skirt and tee, and not do much of anything. At least until the sitting still drives me crazy... ;)

She seeketh wool and flax, and worketh willing with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts, and reminder!!! Thanks Angel!

    I'm hosting a photo contest/giveaway on my blog, I would love for you to join!
    http://kidsonthefarm.blogspot.com/2011/08/summer-lve-photo-contest-winner-and.html

    ♥ Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! I admire your ability to patiently pray and look to God to help you with choices. This is something I have never really done, and something I never realized God wanted me to do. My husband and I have started a financial seminar that teaches you to pray every day for provisions and guidance with your finances. I have started to spread that into other areas of my life and am excited to know God is there guiding me along.
    Thank you for sharing your Saturday musings:)

    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)