Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WV Trip Pics, Part 2

One of the amazing views at the strip mine...





My grandma's family's cemetery...

The family taking a break...

Left to right- My dad's oldest sister, my dad, my dad's mom, my dad's only and younger brother, my dad's second oldest sister...

My grandma's family homestead way back in the middle of nowhere land...





My cousin, her daughter, and her husband climbing back up from the house. IF you look closely, you see my cousin's husband is carrying a gun in case of rattlesnakes...


Knox creek, right at the bottom of Rail Hollow, which is about a 30 minute, straight down, incredibly rough trip four wheeling down from the homestead and cemetery...




The road runs through the creek...






Me on the little walking bridge crossing the creek...


Cousin and family looking for crawdads...

Soaking my feet in the creek...

This is one of the crawdads my little cousin ( 4 years old) caught. She took it back home and put it in a puddle to watch... :)


Sunset behind my aunt and cousins...

Little cousins picking black-eyed Susan's for their mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)