Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WV Trip Pics, Pt. 1

On the way there...








Wild daisy at my Grandmas...

Grandma's coal pile. Coal burning stoves are commonly used for heat there...
My aunt and cousins houses...

In just about every one's yard is a pretty big drop off...

Fruit trees below my grandma's...




Daddy enjoying the view from behind my aunts (that is about a 40 foot drop off there)...
Daddy with my grandma...

View behind my aunt and cousins houses...

This is one of the places we went four wheeling. It's a coal, strip mine. You can't tell from some of the pics, but the drop off below is about 80 feet down...






Daddy and my cousins husband on top off one of those drop offs looking at one of the most amazing views ever...





This piece right here is not quite coal. It was really neat though, because you could see the petrified trees and plants in it...
Daddy in front of one of the HUGE trucks they haul coal and rock in. (BTW, my dad is about 6'2, if that helps you see the magnitude of this machine...

3 comments:

  1. Did you guys take the West Virginia Turnpike to get there? We went thru that way a few years ago when we went to Kentucky to visit dh's step-father. We all found it to be a very terrifying ride, staring down the mountainside, yikes! Despite all of that, we did find it really beautiful there! Glad you had a nice time!

    Blestmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip you had...and the beauty of God's creation...love, love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)